Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Package merge
Package merge [message #469008] Mon, 24 November 2008 05:54 Go to next message
Stéphane Somé is currently offline Stéphane SoméFriend
Messages: 8
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi,

Is package merging supported by papyrus ? If not can anyone point me to
how that can be done under eclipse ? I would like to do an heavyweight
type of extension.

Thanks,

---
Stéphane
Re: Package merge [message #469013 is a reply to message #469008] Mon, 24 November 2008 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kenn Hussey is currently offline Kenn HusseyFriend
Messages: 1620
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
St
Re: Package merge [message #469014 is a reply to message #469013] Mon, 24 November 2008 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stéphane Somé is currently offline Stéphane SoméFriend
Messages: 8
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 09:45:01 -0500, Kenn Hussey wrote:

> Stéphane,
>
> Package merge is currently supported via the tree editor provided by the
> UML2 component of MDT. I expect that support will be included in Papyrus
> over time...

Hi Kenn,

I meant to ask for a graphical approach, but the tree editor will do for
now. I also hope support will be included in Papyrus.

Thanks,
--
Stéphane


> Kenn
>
> "Stéphane S. Somé" <stephanesome@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> news:ggdfjc$dk6$1@build.eclipse.org...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is package merging supported by papyrus ? If not can anyone point me to
>> how that can be done under eclipse ? I would like to do an heavyweight
>> type of extension.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> ---
>> Stéphane
Re: Package merge [message #469016 is a reply to message #469014] Wed, 26 November 2008 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
Messages: 246
Registered: July 2009
Location: Paris Saclay, France
Senior Member
Hi St
Re: Package merge [message #469017 is a reply to message #469016] Wed, 26 November 2008 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastien Gerard is currently offline Sebastien GerardFriend
Messages: 121
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
There are there two issues:
1 - first issue consist in proposing to draw a merge link between
severalpackages. I think (hope) it is alreday available.
2 - the second issue is to do the merge effectively in the final merged
package. that is not done yet, but that has to be done. St
Re: Package merge [message #469032 is a reply to message #469017] Fri, 05 December 2008 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stéphane Somé is currently offline Stéphane SoméFriend
Messages: 8
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Sorry for the late reply. I haven't checked this newsgroup for a while.

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 17:05:38 +0100, Sébastien Gérard wrote:

> There are there two issues:
> 1 - first issue consist in proposing to draw a merge link between
> severalpackages. I think (hope) it is alreday available.

I am not sure if even that is possible. I haven't seen such a link.

2 - the second
> issue is to do the merge effectively in the final merged package. that
> is not done yet, but that has to be done. Stéphane, would you like to be
> volonteer to do that? Patrick can support you in this action of course.

I don't mind volunteering but could you clarify what is asked ? Formally
proposing the feature or implementing it. The second scenario would be
quite a challenge for me :-)

Thanks,
--
Stéphane


> Cheers... Sébastien.
>
> "Patrick Tessier" <Patrick.Tessier@cea.fr> a écrit dans le message de
> news: ggj4io$ot5$1@build.eclipse.org...
>> Hi Stéphane,
>>
>> The purpose is to support graphically all functionnalities described in
>> the superstructure of UML.
>> So to respond to your question : yes.
>>
>> If this representation is no included in the tool, this lack will be
>> considered as a bug.
>> Patrick
>>
>>
>>
>> "Stéphane S. Somé" <stephanesome@googlemail.com> a écrit dans le
>> message de news: ggerup$crc$1@build.eclipse.org...
>>> On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 09:45:01 -0500, Kenn Hussey wrote:
>>>
>>>> Stéphane,
>>>>
>>>> Package merge is currently supported via the tree editor provided by
>>>> the UML2 component of MDT. I expect that support will be included in
>>>> Papyrus over time...
>>>
>>> Hi Kenn,
>>>
>>> I meant to ask for a graphical approach, but the tree editor will do
>>> for now. I also hope support will be included in Papyrus.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> --
>>> Stéphane
>>>
>>>
>>>> Kenn
>>>>
>>>> "Stéphane S. Somé" <stephanesome@googlemail.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:ggdfjc$dk6$1@build.eclipse.org...
>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>
>>>>> Is package merging supported by papyrus ? If not can anyone point me
>>>>> to how that can be done under eclipse ? I would like to do an
>>>>> heavyweight type of extension.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>
>>>>> ---
>>>>> Stéphane
>>>
>>>
>>
Re: Package merge [message #469034 is a reply to message #469008] Tue, 16 December 2008 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastien Gerard is currently offline Sebastien GerardFriend
Messages: 121
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

Papyrus does support merge concept but only at modeling level, that means
you can model a merge relationship between two pakages, but it does not
include a support for merging actually the packages themseves.
Indeed, the UML2 componenent of MDT implements this facility and it would be
great if you could integrate that facility inside Papyrus in addition to its
current facilties for modeling the merge relationship.


"St
Re: Package merge [message #469038 is a reply to message #469032] Fri, 19 December 2008 13:25 Go to previous message
Sebastien Gerard is currently offline Sebastien GerardFriend
Messages: 121
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
The tool is available but there is currently a bug to fix. Patrick will deal
with that early January when back from vacation.

For the second point, yes I was meaing "implementing" it of course. ;-)


"St
Re: Package merge [message #573277 is a reply to message #469008] Mon, 24 November 2008 14:45 Go to previous message
Kenn Hussey is currently offline Kenn HusseyFriend
Messages: 1620
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
St
Re: Package merge [message #573296 is a reply to message #469013] Mon, 24 November 2008 18:31 Go to previous message
Stéphane Somé is currently offline Stéphane SoméFriend
Messages: 8
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 09:45:01 -0500, Kenn Hussey wrote:

> Stéphane,
>
> Package merge is currently supported via the tree editor provided by the
> UML2 component of MDT. I expect that support will be included in Papyrus
> over time...

Hi Kenn,

I meant to ask for a graphical approach, but the tree editor will do for
now. I also hope support will be included in Papyrus.

Thanks,
--
Stéphane


> Kenn
>
> "Stéphane S. Somé" <stephanesome@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> news:ggdfjc$dk6$1@build.eclipse.org...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is package merging supported by papyrus ? If not can anyone point me to
>> how that can be done under eclipse ? I would like to do an heavyweight
>> type of extension.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> ---
>> Stéphane
Re: Package merge [message #573319 is a reply to message #469014] Wed, 26 November 2008 09:23 Go to previous message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
Messages: 246
Registered: July 2009
Location: Paris Saclay, France
Senior Member
Hi St
Re: Package merge [message #573324 is a reply to message #469016] Wed, 26 November 2008 16:05 Go to previous message
Sebastien Gerard is currently offline Sebastien GerardFriend
Messages: 121
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
There are there two issues:
1 - first issue consist in proposing to draw a merge link between
severalpackages. I think (hope) it is alreday available.
2 - the second issue is to do the merge effectively in the final merged
package. that is not done yet, but that has to be done. St
Re: Package merge [message #575332 is a reply to message #469017] Fri, 05 December 2008 20:48 Go to previous message
Stéphane Somé is currently offline Stéphane SoméFriend
Messages: 8
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Sorry for the late reply. I haven't checked this newsgroup for a while.

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 17:05:38 +0100, Sébastien Gérard wrote:

> There are there two issues:
> 1 - first issue consist in proposing to draw a merge link between
> severalpackages. I think (hope) it is alreday available.

I am not sure if even that is possible. I haven't seen such a link.

2 - the second
> issue is to do the merge effectively in the final merged package. that
> is not done yet, but that has to be done. Stéphane, would you like to be
> volonteer to do that? Patrick can support you in this action of course.

I don't mind volunteering but could you clarify what is asked ? Formally
proposing the feature or implementing it. The second scenario would be
quite a challenge for me :-)

Thanks,
--
Stéphane


> Cheers... Sébastien.
>
> "Patrick Tessier" <Patrick.Tessier@cea.fr> a écrit dans le message de
> news: ggj4io$ot5$1@build.eclipse.org...
>> Hi Stéphane,
>>
>> The purpose is to support graphically all functionnalities described in
>> the superstructure of UML.
>> So to respond to your question : yes.
>>
>> If this representation is no included in the tool, this lack will be
>> considered as a bug.
>> Patrick
>>
>>
>>
>> "Stéphane S. Somé" <stephanesome@googlemail.com> a écrit dans le
>> message de news: ggerup$crc$1@build.eclipse.org...
>>> On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 09:45:01 -0500, Kenn Hussey wrote:
>>>
>>>> Stéphane,
>>>>
>>>> Package merge is currently supported via the tree editor provided by
>>>> the UML2 component of MDT. I expect that support will be included in
>>>> Papyrus over time...
>>>
>>> Hi Kenn,
>>>
>>> I meant to ask for a graphical approach, but the tree editor will do
>>> for now. I also hope support will be included in Papyrus.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> --
>>> Stéphane
>>>
>>>
>>>> Kenn
>>>>
>>>> "Stéphane S. Somé" <stephanesome@googlemail.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:ggdfjc$dk6$1@build.eclipse.org...
>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>
>>>>> Is package merging supported by papyrus ? If not can anyone point me
>>>>> to how that can be done under eclipse ? I would like to do an
>>>>> heavyweight type of extension.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>
>>>>> ---
>>>>> Stéphane
>>>
>>>
>>
Re: Package merge [message #575344 is a reply to message #469008] Tue, 16 December 2008 15:58 Go to previous message
Sebastien Gerard is currently offline Sebastien GerardFriend
Messages: 121
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

Papyrus does support merge concept but only at modeling level, that means
you can model a merge relationship between two pakages, but it does not
include a support for merging actually the packages themseves.
Indeed, the UML2 componenent of MDT implements this facility and it would be
great if you could integrate that facility inside Papyrus in addition to its
current facilties for modeling the merge relationship.


"St
Re: Package merge [message #575394 is a reply to message #469032] Fri, 19 December 2008 13:25 Go to previous message
Sebastien Gerard is currently offline Sebastien GerardFriend
Messages: 121
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
The tool is available but there is currently a bug to fix. Patrick will deal
with that early January when back from vacation.

For the second point, yes I was meaing "implementing" it of course. ;-)


"St
Previous Topic:Re: Is there anybody who use Papyrus UML?
Next Topic:Re: Is there anybody who use Papyrus UML?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Aug 07 12:48:16 GMT 2020

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02781 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top