Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Problem with SWT + OpenGL under Mac OS X 10.4.4
Problem with SWT + OpenGL under Mac OS X 10.4.4 [message #467111] Wed, 25 January 2006 11:04 Go to next message
Uwe Runtemund is currently offline Uwe RuntemundFriend
Hallo,
when I try to test the OpenGl-Examples I got the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/Users/uweruntemund/Documents/Projekte/org.eclipse.swt.openg l.examples/libgl-0500.jnilib:

at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1586)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1511)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:788)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:834)
at org.eclipse.opengl.GL.<clinit>(GL.java:15)
at
org.eclipse.swt.opengl.examples.OpenGLTab.setupViewingArea(O penGLTab.java:214)
at
org.eclipse.swt.opengl.examples.OpenGLTab.createTabFolderPag e(OpenGLTab.java:72)
at
org.eclipse.swt.opengl.examples.OpenGLExample.<init>(OpenGLExample.java:55)
at
org.eclipse.swt.opengl.examples.OpenGLExample.main(OpenGLExa mple.java:126)

I didn't know where the Problem is.
I'm using SWT from CVS and the actual OpenGL-Plugin from eclipse.org/swt.

I hope anybody can help me.

Uwe Runtemud
Re: Problem with SWT + OpenGL under Mac OS X 10.4.4 [message #467131 is a reply to message #467111] Wed, 25 January 2006 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Blewitt is currently offline Alex BlewittFriend
I didn't think the OpenGL had been ported to Mac OS X yet? That would certainly explain the lack of the library that goes with it.

Alex.
Re: Problem with SWT + OpenGL under Mac OS X 10.4.4 [message #467265 is a reply to message #467131] Fri, 27 January 2006 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Blewitt schrieb:
> I didn't think the OpenGL had been ported to Mac OS X yet? That would certainly explain the lack of the library that goes with it.
>
> Alex.

But why do I get an Binary File with the OpenGL-Binding including a
native library? OpenGL is a part of OSX.

Uwe.
Re: Problem with SWT + OpenGL under Mac OS X 10.4.4 [message #467267 is a reply to message #467265] Fri, 27 January 2006 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Blewitt is currently offline Alex BlewittFriend
OpenGL is implemented natively, not in Java. The SWT components are wrappers over the underlying Mac OS X components. There isn't a Mac OS X SWT Wrapper for Open GL.
Pretty much any platform that has Open GL provides C function bindings, so Java needs a .dll to map the Java calls into the Open GL C calls on any system, regardless of whether Open GL is installed by default as part of the OS or is an extension provided by the graphics card drivers or open-source rendering engines.

In any case, Open GL on Mac OS X via SWT isn't yet supported; in fact, it's only supported on Windows and a specific variant of Linux from what I recall.

You're more than welcome to write the bindings for Mac OS X and submit them as a patch to Eclipse.org if you want.

Alex.
Re: Problem with SWT + OpenGL under Mac OS X 10.4.4 [message #467289 is a reply to message #467267] Fri, 27 January 2006 18:29 Go to previous message
OK,
the outcome of this is that the Mac OS X - OpenGL-Package I got from
http://www.eclipse.org/swt/opengl/ (the Experimental OpenGL Binding 0.5
for SWT 3.2) is only a dummy Package?

If this is true, I don't understand why the package is provided.

Is it hard or take a long time to "copy" the C Bindings from Windows to
Mac OS X? The OpenGL API should be the same, does it?

Uwe.

Alex Blewitt schrieb:
> OpenGL is implemented natively, not in Java. The SWT components are wrappers over the underlying Mac OS X components. There isn't a Mac OS X SWT Wrapper for Open GL.
> Pretty much any platform that has Open GL provides C function bindings, so Java needs a .dll to map the Java calls into the Open GL C calls on any system, regardless of whether Open GL is installed by default as part of the OS or is an extension provided by the graphics card drivers or open-source rendering engines.
>
> In any case, Open GL on Mac OS X via SWT isn't yet supported; in fact, it's only supported on Windows and a specific variant of Linux from what I recall.
>
> You're more than welcome to write the bindings for Mac OS X and submit them as a patch to Eclipse.org if you want.
>
> Alex.
Previous Topic:Add existing java project from command line
Next Topic:What component is used to display list of editors when Ctrl+F6 is pressed ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 20:00:57 GMT 2024