|StyledText copy problems (whereas Text copy works fine) [message #445336]
||Tue, 02 November 2004 17:54
Originally posted by: jakartauser.yahoo.com|
Bug 17578 (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=17578) and the
source code of StyledText mentions 1GDQAVN. Where can I find information
about this "1GDQAVN"? I searched on the eclipse site and I get nothing,
even if I limit my search on "pr" covering the entire site. I google it
and all I get are release notes and the StyledText source code.
The reason I'm looking for it is to figure out why the copy operations on
our StyledText controls are not working. If we use Text controls, they
work, otherwise, they don't.
The StyledText source code claims that the problem is that I'm trying to
write to the clipboard while StyledText is copying. How would I do this?
Is there a background process that does this somehow when there's a
StyledText involved? Again, when I try using Text, the copy operation
The Clipboard source code has the following comments:
* Bug in Windows. When a new application takes control
* of the clipboard, other applications may open the
* clipboard to determine if they want to record the
* clipoard updates. When this happens, the clipboard
* can not be flushed until the other aplication is
* finished. To allow other applications to get the
* data, use PeekMessage() to enable cross thread
* message sends.
How can I determine that this is what I'm encountering? Are there known
programs which cause conflicts with SWT's StyledText copy operations? And
why does it work for Text, but not for StyledText?
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02023 seconds