|Updated policy for 1.6 M7 rampdown [message #43764]
||Mon, 07 April 2008 20:32
Originally posted by: brianf.sybase.com|
Last week at the PMC meeting and this week at the PMC/Team Leads meeting we
discussed introducing a policy for handling testing of milestone builds
prior to the M7 release. This is an attempt to to avoid last-minute
regressions as we've seen at the end of M6. Since release candidates are
subject to the Rampdown Policy (listed at
http://wiki.eclipse.org/DTP_Ganymede_Rampdown_Policy), we're only concerned
about DTP 1.6M7 here.
The new policy is as follows:
1. Commits for DTP 1.6 M7 will be allowed through the build start time (5am
Shanghai time as noted at http://wiki.eclipse.org/DTP_Build_Transition) on
Tuesday, April 29th by 1:30pm PST.
2. The testing period will start April 30 and last through May 2 so we are
ready to push a build to the Ganymede site on May 5.
3. Committers wishing to include additional bug fixes in M7 between April 30
and May 2 must provide the following in an associated Bugzilla entry:
* Document the severity and impact of the bug, i.e. why should this be
included in the milestone at such a late date?
* Document the proposed resolution, risk, and validation testing that will
occur by the committer
* Petition the DTP PMC for permission to deliver the change to the build. At
least two (2) of the four (4) PMC members must approve, with no PMC member
objecting, for the bug to be authorized for the M7 build.
If a change meets all of these criteria, it can be delivered and we will
continue testing with the next build that includes that fix.
Hopefully this is clear. We will be adding this to the Ganymede Project Plan
If you have any questions about this policy, please send them to the dtp
mailing lists (dtp-pmc or dtp-dev).
Thanks for your time!
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair (Acting)
Eclipse Data Tools Platform Connectivity Team Lead
Senior Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01861 seconds