Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Headless mode, project creation + code generation
Headless mode, project creation + code generation [message #431762] Fri, 24 July 2009 04:53 Go to next message
Lionel is currently offline LionelFriend
Messages: 31
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi all,

I want to auto generate code, I've spent about a week trying to figure out
how eclipse headless mode work and it's a nightmare, anyway, what I
currently have is a batch file with (note, I don't know what -package is for
or if I need it):

******************** Begin batch file ***********************
set ECLIPSE_DIR=C:\EclipseGanymede

set WORKSPACE=../../../../Workspace


%ECLIPSE_DIR%\eclipsec.exe -noSplash -debug -clean -data
%WORKSPACE% -application org.eclipse.emf.importer.ecore.Ecore2GenModel
.../Model/Model.ecore ../Model/Model.EcoretoJava.genmodel -package
http://example.com/ns/mm/0.1 -modelProject ../../../ ""

%ECLIPSE_DIR%\eclipsec.exe -noSplash -debug -clean -data
%WORKSPACE% -application org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner -buildfile
build-model.xml

******************** End batch file ***********************

The following is the ant file that is called by the second call above.

******************** Start eclipse ant file ***********************
<project name="project.model" default="generate" basedir=".">

<description>Generates model code.</description>


<target name="generate">


<emf.Ecore2Java model="../Model/Model.ecore"

genmodel="../Model/Model.EcoreToJava.genmodel"

modelprojectfragmentpath="../Source/Model"

modelproject="../../../"

reconcilegenmodel="reload"

>

</emf.Ecore2Java>

</target>

</project>

******************** End eclipse ant file ***********************

I understand that paths may be a bit confusing, if you need further
clarification I can provide an overview.

The only reason I do the reload of the genmodel (Ecore2GenModel ) is to get
it to create the eclipse project so that I can do the code generation.

I have 2 problems with this setup:

1) The first command above, Ecore2GenModel, re-creates the the genmodel and
deletes all my settings in there, I want it to do a reload, which is
possible in the code generation with the reconcilegenmodel flag, but not
sure about in the reload of the genmodel

2) Creating the project gives it the name of the project directory, but
because my genmodel uses a different project or resource name, the paths end
up all wrong.

I guess the main thing I need to do is create a project (can just be a
normal eclipse project, doesn't have to be a model project or anything
special) at the directory ../../../ and give it a specific name.

Does anyone know if this is possible and if it preferably can be done in the
eclipse and build file?

Thanks

Lionel.
Re: Headless mode, project creation + code generation [message #431764 is a reply to message #431762] Fri, 24 July 2009 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lionel is currently offline LionelFriend
Messages: 31
Registered: July 2009
Member
Oh, apparently all I need is the eclipse ant script and it works. I don't
exactly understand why it gets the path to the generated code right, but it
does!
Can't believe I spent a week on this, then posted a message and 2 hours
later figured it out - sort of, I'm expecting it to break.



"Lionel" <lionelv_@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:h4beo7$t35$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Hi all,
>
> I want to auto generate code, I've spent about a week trying to figure out
> how eclipse headless mode work and it's a nightmare, anyway, what I
> currently have is a batch file with (note, I don't know what -package is
> for or if I need it):
>
> ******************** Begin batch file ***********************
> set ECLIPSE_DIR=C:\EclipseGanymede
>
> set WORKSPACE=../../../../Workspace
>
>
> %ECLIPSE_DIR%\eclipsec.exe -noSplash -debug -clean -data
> %WORKSPACE% -application org.eclipse.emf.importer.ecore.Ecore2GenModel
> ../Model/Model.ecore ../Model/Model.EcoretoJava.genmodel -package
> http://example.com/ns/mm/0.1 -modelProject ../../../ ""
>
> %ECLIPSE_DIR%\eclipsec.exe -noSplash -debug -clean -data
> %WORKSPACE% -application org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner -buildfile
> build-model.xml
>
> ******************** End batch file ***********************
>
> The following is the ant file that is called by the second call above.
>
> ******************** Start eclipse ant file ***********************
> <project name="project.model" default="generate" basedir=".">
>
> <description>Generates model code.</description>
>
>
> <target name="generate">
>
>
> <emf.Ecore2Java model="../Model/Model.ecore"
>
> genmodel="../Model/Model.EcoreToJava.genmodel"
>
> modelprojectfragmentpath="../Source/Model"
>
> modelproject="../../../"
>
> reconcilegenmodel="reload"
>
>>
>
> </emf.Ecore2Java>
>
> </target>
>
> </project>
>
> ******************** End eclipse ant file ***********************
>
> I understand that paths may be a bit confusing, if you need further
> clarification I can provide an overview.
>
> The only reason I do the reload of the genmodel (Ecore2GenModel ) is to
> get it to create the eclipse project so that I can do the code generation.
>
> I have 2 problems with this setup:
>
> 1) The first command above, Ecore2GenModel, re-creates the the genmodel
> and deletes all my settings in there, I want it to do a reload, which is
> possible in the code generation with the reconcilegenmodel flag, but not
> sure about in the reload of the genmodel
>
> 2) Creating the project gives it the name of the project directory, but
> because my genmodel uses a different project or resource name, the paths
> end up all wrong.
>
> I guess the main thing I need to do is create a project (can just be a
> normal eclipse project, doesn't have to be a model project or anything
> special) at the directory ../../../ and give it a specific name.
>
> Does anyone know if this is possible and if it preferably can be done in
> the eclipse and build file?
>
> Thanks
>
> Lionel.
>
Re: Headless mode, project creation + code generation [message #431784 is a reply to message #431762] Mon, 27 July 2009 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lionel is currently offline LionelFriend
Messages: 31
Registered: July 2009
Member
I think it would be more fun pulling out my toe nails than doing this.

It was working until I breathed on it.

Firstly, I'm not sure if there is a bug or if I'm using this incorrectly,
but I have the eclipse ant build file:


<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<project name="mint.microlok" default="generate" basedir=".">
<description>Generates model code.</description>

<target name="generate">
<emf.Ecore2Java model="../Model/mint.ecore"
genmodel="../Model/MicrolokII.EcoreToJava.genmodel"
modelprojectfragmentpath="../Source/Model"
modelproject="../../../"
reconcilegenmodel="keep"
>
</emf.Ecore2Java>
</target>
</project>


Notice the reconcilegenmodel="keep". I was trialing this to solve another
problem that I will get to, but eclipse doesn't accept the value "keep", it
throws an

"[emf.Ecore2Java] org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: EMF Error" due to
a null pointer exception.

Normally I was using "reload" which it is happy with.

Anywyay, with the above build file and "reload" instead of keep, the code
generation seems to run, the output says the right things but none of the
classes are actually created, all the directories are created for the
packages, but no .java files :(. This is the batch file I use to get it
going:

set ECLIPSE_DIR=C:\EclipseGanymede

set WORKSPACE=../../../../Workspace

del %WORKSPACE%

%ECLIPSE_DIR%\eclipsec.exe -noSplash -debug -clean -data
%WORKSPACE% -application org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner -buildfile
eclipse-build-model.xml

So what would most likely be causing this behaviour, here is a sample of the
output:

[emf.Ecore2Java] >> Generating MII Peer Address Type
[emf.Ecore2Java] >> Generating Java class
mint.microlokii.model.interfacesection.links.configurationpa rameters.MIIPeerA
ddressType
[emf.Ecore2Java] >> Generating
/RSGAET-MInt-Main/Subsystems/MicrolokII/Source/Model/mint/mi crolokii/model/interfacesect
ion/links/configurationparameters/MIIPeerAddressType.java
[emf.Ecore2Java] >> Opening folder
/RSGAET-MInt-Main/Subsystems/MicrolokII/Source/Model/mint/mi crolokii/model/interface
section/links/configurationparameters
[emf.Ecore2Java] >> Generating JET emitter for 'model/EnumClass.javajet'
[emf.Ecore2Java] >> JET parsing 'model/EnumClass.javajet'
[emf.Ecore2Java] >> JET preparing project '.JETEmitters'
[emf.Ecore2Java] >> Opening '.JETEmitters'.
[emf.Ecore2Java] >> JET initializing project '.JETEmitters'
[emf.Ecore2Java] >> JET opening Java project '.JETEmitters'
[emf.Ecore2Java] >> Create target file
[emf.Ecore2Java] >> JET updating
'/.JETEmitters/src/org/eclipse/emf/codegen/ecore/templates/m odel/EnumClass_.java'
[emf.Ecore2Java] >> JET building '.JETEmitters'
[emf.Ecore2Java] >> Invoking 'Java Builder' on '/.JETEmitters'.
[emf.Ecore2Java] >> Build done


I'm at a loss again!

Any help appreciated, I know that there may not be enough information here,
but it's quite hard to provide everything necessary because the output is so
big.

Thanks

Lionel.
Re: Headless mode, project creation + code generation [message #431805 is a reply to message #431784] Mon, 27 July 2009 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 30691
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Lionel,

Comments below.

Lionel wrote:
> I think it would be more fun pulling out my toe nails than doing this.
>
As long as your toe nails grow back, the fun could be endless.
> It was working until I breathed on it.
>
Try to breathe less.
> Firstly, I'm not sure if there is a bug or if I'm using this incorrectly,
> but I have the eclipse ant build file:
>
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>
> <project name="mint.microlok" default="generate" basedir=".">
> <description>Generates model code.</description>
>
> <target name="generate">
> <emf.Ecore2Java model="../Model/mint.ecore"
> genmodel="../Model/MicrolokII.EcoreToJava.genmodel"
> modelprojectfragmentpath="../Source/Model"
> modelproject="../../../"
> reconcilegenmodel="keep"
> >
> </emf.Ecore2Java>
> </target>
> </project>
>
>
> Notice the reconcilegenmodel="keep". I was trialing this to solve another
> problem that I will get to, but eclipse doesn't accept the value "keep", it
> throws an
>
> "[emf.Ecore2Java] org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: EMF Error" due to
> a null pointer exception.
>
A stack trace would help... There should be one in the error log.
> Normally I was using "reload" which it is happy with.
>
> Anywyay, with the above build file and "reload" instead of keep, the code
> generation seems to run, the output says the right things but none of the
> classes are actually created, all the directories are created for the
> packages, but no .java files :(. This is the batch file I use to get it
> going:
>
> set ECLIPSE_DIR=C:\EclipseGanymede
>
> set WORKSPACE=../../../../Workspace
>
> del %WORKSPACE%
>
> %ECLIPSE_DIR%\eclipsec.exe -noSplash -debug -clean -data
> %WORKSPACE% -application org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner -buildfile
> eclipse-build-model.xml
>
I guess the relative path is correct for the current working directory?
> So what would most likely be causing this behaviour, here is a sample of the
> output:
>
> [emf.Ecore2Java] >> Generating MII Peer Address Type
> [emf.Ecore2Java] >> Generating Java class
> mint.microlokii.model.interfacesection.links.configurationpa rameters.MIIPeerA
> ddressType
> [emf.Ecore2Java] >> Generating
> /RSGAET-MInt-Main/Subsystems/MicrolokII/Source/Model/mint/mi crolokii/model/interfacesect
> ion/links/configurationparameters/MIIPeerAddressType.java
> [emf.Ecore2Java] >> Opening folder
> /RSGAET-MInt-Main/Subsystems/MicrolokII/Source/Model/mint/mi crolokii/model/interface
> section/links/configurationparameters
> [emf.Ecore2Java] >> Generating JET emitter for 'model/EnumClass.javajet'
> [emf.Ecore2Java] >> JET parsing 'model/EnumClass.javajet'
> [emf.Ecore2Java] >> JET preparing project '.JETEmitters'
> [emf.Ecore2Java] >> Opening '.JETEmitters'.
> [emf.Ecore2Java] >> JET initializing project '.JETEmitters'
> [emf.Ecore2Java] >> JET opening Java project '.JETEmitters'
> [emf.Ecore2Java] >> Create target file
> [emf.Ecore2Java] >> JET updating
> '/.JETEmitters/src/org/eclipse/emf/codegen/ecore/templates/m odel/EnumClass_.java'
>
You're using dynamic templates... Is that intentional?
> [emf.Ecore2Java] >> JET building '.JETEmitters'
> [emf.Ecore2Java] >> Invoking 'Java Builder' on '/.JETEmitters'.
> [emf.Ecore2Java] >> Build done
>
>
> I'm at a loss again!
>
> Any help appreciated, I know that there may not be enough information here,
> but it's quite hard to provide everything necessary because the output is so
> big.
>
The error log might have better clues.
> Thanks
>
> Lionel.
>
>
>
Re: Headless mode, project creation + code generation [message #431833 is a reply to message #431805] Mon, 27 July 2009 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lionel is currently offline LionelFriend
Messages: 31
Registered: July 2009
Member
"Ed Merks" <Ed.Merks@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:h4kh4p$qut$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Lionel,
>
> Comments below.
>
> Lionel wrote:
>> I think it would be more fun pulling out my toe nails than doing this.
>>
> As long as your toe nails grow back, the fun could be endless.
>> It was working until I breathed on it.
>>
> Try to breathe less.

lol


>> set ECLIPSE_DIR=C:\EclipseGanymede
>>
>> set WORKSPACE=../../../../Workspace
>>
>> del %WORKSPACE%
>>
>> %ECLIPSE_DIR%\eclipsec.exe -noSplash -debug -clean -data
>> %WORKSPACE% -application org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner -buildfile
>> eclipse-build-model.xml
>>
> I guess the relative path is correct for the current working directory?

Yes. Even if WORKSPACE doesn't exist it gets created, as is my intention
since I'm deleting it before eclipse runs anyway.


> You're using dynamic templates... Is that intentional?

Yes.


>> [emf.Ecore2Java] >> JET building '.JETEmitters'
>> [emf.Ecore2Java] >> Invoking 'Java Builder' on '/.JETEmitters'.
>> [emf.Ecore2Java] >> Build done
>>
>>
>> I'm at a loss again!
>>
>> Any help appreciated, I know that there may not be enough information
>> here,
>> but it's quite hard to provide everything necessary because the output is
>> so
>> big.
>>
> The error log might have better clues.

I'm attaching it, I'm not sure if that works in this group. I see it's doing
a lot of looking for maven stuff which I'm not sure about (I have a pom file
in the working directory but eclipse hasn't been told anything about it).

I assume this is the .log file in Workspace\.metadata?

To throw a spanner in the works I just used Galileo and it worked.

Thanks

Linoel.


  • Attachment: .log
    (Size: 544.88KB, Downloaded 198 times)
Re: Headless mode, project creation + code generation [message #431872 is a reply to message #431833] Tue, 28 July 2009 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 30691
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------030702020108040903080208
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Lionel,

It looks to me like the step to compile the dynamic templates is failing
because of a broken Maven participant. Probably it will all work when
Maven is not causing problems...


Lionel wrote:
> "Ed Merks" <Ed.Merks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:h4kh4p$qut$1@build.eclipse.org...
>
>> Lionel,
>>
>> Comments below.
>>
>> Lionel wrote:
>>
>>> I think it would be more fun pulling out my toe nails than doing this.
>>>
>>>
>> As long as your toe nails grow back, the fun could be endless.
>>
>>> It was working until I breathed on it.
>>>
>>>
>> Try to breathe less.
>>
>
> lol
>
>
>
>>> set ECLIPSE_DIR=C:\EclipseGanymede
>>>
>>> set WORKSPACE=../../../../Workspace
>>>
>>> del %WORKSPACE%
>>>
>>> %ECLIPSE_DIR%\eclipsec.exe -noSplash -debug -clean -data
>>> %WORKSPACE% -application org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner -buildfile
>>> eclipse-build-model.xml
>>>
>>>
>> I guess the relative path is correct for the current working directory?
>>
>
> Yes. Even if WORKSPACE doesn't exist it gets created, as is my intention
> since I'm deleting it before eclipse runs anyway.
>
>
>
>> You're using dynamic templates... Is that intentional?
>>
>
> Yes.
>
>
>
>>> [emf.Ecore2Java] >> JET building '.JETEmitters'
>>> [emf.Ecore2Java] >> Invoking 'Java Builder' on '/.JETEmitters'.
>>> [emf.Ecore2Java] >> Build done
>>>
>>>
>>> I'm at a loss again!
>>>
>>> Any help appreciated, I know that there may not be enough information
>>> here,
>>> but it's quite hard to provide everything necessary because the output is
>>> so
>>> big.
>>>
>>>
>> The error log might have better clues.
>>
>
> I'm attaching it, I'm not sure if that works in this group. I see it's doing
> a lot of looking for maven stuff which I'm not sure about (I have a pom file
> in the working directory but eclipse hasn't been told anything about it).
>
> I assume this is the .log file in Workspace\.metadata?
>
> To throw a spanner in the works I just used Galileo and it worked.
>
> Thanks
>
> Linoel.
>
>
>

--------------030702020108040903080208
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000">
Lionel,<br>
<br>
It looks to me like the step to compile the dynamic templates is
failing because of a broken Maven participant.&nbsp; Probably it will all
work when Maven is not causing problems...<br>
<br>
<br>
Lionel wrote:
<blockquote cite="mid:h4lbmo$afh$1@build.eclipse.org" type="cite">
<pre wrap="">"Ed Merks" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:Ed.Merks@gmail.com">&lt;Ed.Merks@gmail.com&gt;</a> wrote in message
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:h4kh4p$qut$1@build.eclipse.org">news:h4kh4p$qut$1@build.eclipse.org</a>...
</pre>
<blockquote type="cite">
<pre wrap="">Lionel,

Comments below.

Lionel wrote:
</pre>
<blockquote type="cite">
<pre wrap="">I think it would be more fun pulling out my toe nails than doing this.

</pre>
</blockquote>
<pre wrap="">As long as your toe nails grow back, the fun could be endless.
</pre>
<blockquote type="cite">
<pre wrap="">It was working until I breathed on it.

</pre>
</blockquote>
<pre wrap="">Try to breathe less.
</pre>
</blockquote>
<pre wrap=""><!---->
lol


</pre>
<blockquote type="cite">
<blockquote type="cite">
<pre wrap="">set ECLIPSE_DIR=C:\EclipseGanymede

set WORKSPACE=../../../../Workspace

del %WORKSPACE%

%ECLIPSE_DIR%\eclipsec.exe -noSplash -debug -clean -data
%WORKSPACE% -application org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner -buildfile
eclipse-build-model.xml

</pre>
</blockquote>
<pre wrap="">I guess the relative path is correct for the current working directory?
</pre>
</blockquote>
<pre wrap=""><!---->
Yes. Even if WORKSPACE doesn't exist it gets created, as is my intention
since I'm deleting it before eclipse runs anyway.


</pre>
<blockquote type="cite">
<pre wrap="">You're using dynamic templates... Is that intentional?
</pre>
</blockquote>
<pre wrap=""><!---->
Yes.


</pre>
<blockquote type="cite">
<blockquote type="cite">
<pre wrap="">[emf.Ecore2Java] &gt;&gt; JET building '.JETEmitters'
[emf.Ecore2Java] &gt;&gt; Invoking 'Java Builder' on '/.JETEmitters'.
[emf.Ecore2Java] &gt;&gt; Build done


I'm at a loss again!

Any help appreciated, I know that there may not be enough information
here,
but it's quite hard to provide everything necessary because the output is
so
big.

</pre>
</blockquote>
<pre wrap="">The error log might have better clues.
</pre>
</blockquote>
<pre wrap=""><!---->
I'm attaching it, I'm not sure if that works in this group. I see it's doing
a lot of looking for maven stuff which I'm not sure about (I have a pom file
in the working directory but eclipse hasn't been told anything about it).

I assume this is the .log file in Workspace\.metadata?

To throw a spanner in the works I just used Galileo and it worked.

Thanks

Linoel.


</pre>
</blockquote>
</body>
</html>

--------------030702020108040903080208--
Re: Headless mode, project creation + code generation [message #431903 is a reply to message #431872] Tue, 28 July 2009 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lionel is currently offline LionelFriend
Messages: 31
Registered: July 2009
Member
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01CA1030.BD3FF380
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

This would explain why it works in Galileo where I don't have the maven =
plugin installed. I might uninstall it, it's useless anyway.

Thanks


"Ed Merks" <Ed.Merks@gmail.com> wrote in message =
news:h4n4hl$9oh$1@build.eclipse.org...
Lionel,

It looks to me like the step to compile the dynamic templates is =
failing because of a broken Maven participant. Probably it will all =
work when Maven is not causing problems...



------=_NextPart_000_0009_01CA1030.BD3FF380
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DISO-8859-1>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6000.16850" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY text=3D#000000 bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This would explain why it works in =
Galileo where I=20
don't have the maven plugin installed. I might uninstall it, it's =
useless=20
anyway.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV>"Ed Merks" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:Ed.Merks@gmail.com">Ed.Merks@gmail.com</A>&gt; wrote in =
message=20
<A=20
=
href=3D"news:h4n4hl$9oh$1@build.eclipse.org">news:h4n4hl$9oh$1@build.ecli=
pse.org</A>...</DIV>Lionel,<BR><BR>It=20
looks to me like the step to compile the dynamic templates is failing =
because=20
of a broken Maven participant.&nbsp; Probably it will all work when =
Maven is=20
not causing problems...<BR><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE cite=3Dmid:h4lbmo$afh$1@build.eclipse.org =
type=3D"cite"><PRE =
wrap=3D"">&nbsp;</PRE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY ></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01CA1030.BD3FF380--
Re: Headless mode, project creation + code generation [message #431904 is a reply to message #431903] Wed, 29 July 2009 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lionel is currently offline LionelFriend
Messages: 31
Registered: July 2009
Member
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01CA1041.ACF50D60
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

OK, so uninstalling the Maven plugin worked and I think I pretty much =
have the setup I want now.

One question, if you know the answer, when the project does not exist, =
Eclipse makes one, but in doing so I noticed that it copies all of the =
directories to the bin/ directory first, then it later deletes them, =
generates the code, compiles the code and finishes. I'm wondering why it =
has to copy everything to the bin/ directory? This takes some time given =
that the project is in the order of gigs in size? I also wouldn't mind =
if it didn't do the compile, can I ask it not to?


Thanks

Lionel.


"Lionel" <lionelv_@gmail.com> wrote in message =
news:h4o2b7$2uk$1@build.eclipse.org...
This would explain why it works in Galileo where I don't have the =
maven plugin installed. I might uninstall it, it's useless anyway.

Thanks

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01CA1041.ACF50D60
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DISO-8859-1>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6000.16850" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY text=3D#000000 bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>OK, so uninstalling the Maven plugin =
worked and I=20
think I pretty much have the setup I want now.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>One question, if you know the answer, =
when the=20
project does not exist, Eclipse makes one, but in doing so I noticed =
that it=20
copies all of the directories to the bin/ directory first, then it later =
deletes=20
them, generates the code, compiles the code and finishes. I'm wondering =
why it=20
has to copy everything to the bin/ directory? This takes some time given =
that=20
the project is in the order of gigs in size? I also wouldn't mind if it =
didn't=20
do the compile, can I ask it not to?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Lionel.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV>"Lionel" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:lionelv_@gmail.com">lionelv_@gmail.com</A>&gt; wrote in =
message=20
<A=20
=
href=3D"news:h4o2b7$2uk$1@build.eclipse.org">news:h4o2b7$2uk$1@build.ecli=
pse.org</A>...</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This would explain why it works in =
Galileo where=20
I don't have the maven plugin installed. I might uninstall it, it's =
useless=20
anyway.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML >

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01CA1041.ACF50D60--
Re: Headless mode, project creation + code generation [message #431919 is a reply to message #431904] Wed, 29 July 2009 16:35 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 30691
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------060902040709080208080203
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Lionel,

I think that's just what auto build does. I'd never noticed it doing
that...


Lionel wrote:
> OK, so uninstalling the Maven plugin worked and I think I pretty much
> have the setup I want now.
>
> One question, if you know the answer, when the project does not exist,
> Eclipse makes one, but in doing so I noticed that it copies all of the
> directories to the bin/ directory first, then it later deletes them,
> generates the code, compiles the code and finishes. I'm wondering why
> it has to copy everything to the bin/ directory? This takes some time
> given that the project is in the order of gigs in size? I also
> wouldn't mind if it didn't do the compile, can I ask it not to?
>
>
> Thanks
>
> Lionel.
>
>
>
> "Lionel" <lionelv_@gmail.com <mailto:lionelv_@gmail.com>> wrote in
> message news:h4o2b7$2uk$1@build.eclipse.org...
> This would explain why it works in Galileo where I don't have the
> maven plugin installed. I might uninstall it, it's useless anyway.
>
> Thanks
>
>

--------------060902040709080208080203
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000">
Lionel,<br>
<br>
I think that's just what auto build does.&nbsp; I'd never noticed it doing
that...<br>
<br>
<br>
Lionel wrote:
<blockquote cite="mid:h4o9eh$75c$1@build.eclipse.org" type="cite">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1">
<meta content="MSHTML 6.00.6000.16850" name="GENERATOR">
<style></style>
<div><font face="Arial" size="2">OK, so uninstalling the Maven plugin
worked and I think I pretty much have the setup I want now.</font></div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div><font face="Arial" size="2">One question, if you know the
answer, when the project does not exist, Eclipse makes one, but in
doing so I noticed that it copies all of the directories to the bin/
directory first, then it later deletes them, generates the code,
compiles the code and finishes. I'm wondering why it has to copy
everything to the bin/ directory? This takes some time given that the
project is in the order of gigs in size? I also wouldn't mind if it
didn't do the compile, can I ask it not to?</font></div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div><font face="Arial" size="2">Thanks</font></div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div><font face="Arial" size="2">Lionel.</font></div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<blockquote dir="ltr"
style="border-left: 2px solid rgb(0, 0, 0); padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 5px; margin-left: 5px; margin-right: 0px;">
<div>"Lionel" &lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="mailto:lionelv_@gmail.com">lionelv_@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote in
message <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="news:h4o2b7$2uk$1@build.eclipse.org">news:h4o2b7$2uk$1@build.eclipse.org</a>...</div>
<div><font face="Arial" size="2">This would explain why it works in
Galileo where I don't have the maven plugin installed. I might
uninstall it, it's useless anyway.</font></div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div><font face="Arial" size="2">Thanks</font></div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</body>
</html>

--------------060902040709080208080203--
Previous Topic:EMF+Teneo+ORM+JPA EAttribute with multi-valued eenum type
Next Topic:Dissolving References?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Dec 11 16:58:45 GMT 2019

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02677 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top