Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [Teneo / CDO] how db notifications are listened to ?
[Teneo / CDO] how db notifications are listened to ? [message #425734] Fri, 05 December 2008 17:02 Go to next message
Stephane  Fournier is currently offline Stephane FournierFriend
Messages: 299
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

I'm wondering how to listen to database notifications when using Teneo
(for instance to implement a lock server).
I did not find db notification listeners in the Teneo API, I might need to
visit an ophthalmologist :)
Nevertheless, when using CDO with Teneo, a CDO server is always notified
from changes made by every user. Hence, that lets me think an API exists !

Does anyone have an entry point to help me to get started with this ?

Thanks in advance,
Stephane.
Re: [Teneo / CDO] how db notifications are listened to ? [message #425735 is a reply to message #425734] Fri, 05 December 2008 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Messages: 5468
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Stéphane,
Hibernate has event listeners and an Interceptor concept which allow you to do this. Regarding
detailed CDO questions I think Eike/Simon can better answer those.

gr. Martin

Stéphane Fournier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering how to listen to database notifications when using Teneo
> (for instance to implement a lock server).
> I did not find db notification listeners in the Teneo API, I might need
> to visit an ophthalmologist :)
> Nevertheless, when using CDO with Teneo, a CDO server is always notified
> from changes made by every user. Hence, that lets me think an API exists !
>
> Does anyone have an entry point to help me to get started with this ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Stephane.
>


--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397
Fax: +31 (0)84 225 9307
Mail: mtaal@springsite.com - mtaal@elver.org
Web: www.springsite.com - www.elver.org
Re: [Teneo / CDO] how db notifications are listened to ? [message #425737 is a reply to message #425735] Fri, 05 December 2008 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Mc Duff is currently offline Simon Mc DuffFriend
Messages: 596
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Stephane,

CDO has its own way of notification independently of Teneo. It doesn't
need anything from teneo/hibernate. So if end-users are connected
through CDO and another applications modify objects directly in
hibernate, CDO users will not be notified.

Here the different possibility to listen to change in CDO.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/FAQ_for_CDO_and_Net4j#How_can_I_reac t_to_remote_changes_to_my_objects.3F


Simon

Martin Taal wrote:
> Hi Stéphane,
> Hibernate has event listeners and an Interceptor concept which allow you
> to do this. Regarding detailed CDO questions I think Eike/Simon can
> better answer those.
>
> gr. Martin
>
> Stéphane Fournier wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm wondering how to listen to database notifications when using Teneo
>> (for instance to implement a lock server).
>> I did not find db notification listeners in the Teneo API, I might
>> need to visit an ophthalmologist :)
>> Nevertheless, when using CDO with Teneo, a CDO server is always
>> notified from changes made by every user. Hence, that lets me think an
>> API exists !
>>
>> Does anyone have an entry point to help me to get started with this ?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Stephane.
>>
>
>
Re: [Teneo / CDO] how db notifications are listened to ? [message #425743 is a reply to message #425737] Fri, 05 December 2008 19:18 Go to previous message
Stephane  Fournier is currently offline Stephane FournierFriend
Messages: 299
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Thanks a lot guys for your quick answers.
I will be testing that on next Monday.

Stéphane.

Simon McDuff wrote:
> Hi Stephane,
>
> CDO has its own way of notification independently of Teneo. It doesn't
> need anything from teneo/hibernate. So if end-users are connected
> through CDO and another applications modify objects directly in
> hibernate, CDO users will not be notified.
>
> Here the different possibility to listen to change in CDO.
>
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/FAQ_for_CDO_and_Net4j#How_can_I_reac t_to_remote_changes_to_my_objects.3F
>
>
>
> Simon
>
> Martin Taal wrote:
>> Hi Stéphane,
>> Hibernate has event listeners and an Interceptor concept which allow
>> you to do this. Regarding detailed CDO questions I think Eike/Simon
>> can better answer those.
>>
>> gr. Martin
>>
>> Stéphane Fournier wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm wondering how to listen to database notifications when using
>>> Teneo (for instance to implement a lock server).
>>> I did not find db notification listeners in the Teneo API, I might
>>> need to visit an ophthalmologist :)
>>> Nevertheless, when using CDO with Teneo, a CDO server is always
>>> notified from changes made by every user. Hence, that lets me think
>>> an API exists !
>>>
>>> Does anyone have an entry point to help me to get started with this ?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Stephane.
>>>
>>
>>

--
Previous Topic:Custom serialization
Next Topic:Re: Genereta XML file with VE
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Feb 19 04:25:39 GMT 2020

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03097 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top