Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Profile DataType uml editor
Profile DataType uml editor [message #419513] Mon, 26 May 2008 09:40 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: cfoubert.prophessi.com

Hello, I have a problem when I try to re-open an uml model.
I have applied a profile on my model and I have set a lots of properties
before to close it. Simple and arrays of PrimitiveType, simple and
arrays of DataType. If I use a DataType for first level attribute it
works fine, I can re-open the document and access my datas. If I use
simple DataType attribute of a DataType field (higher than 1st level) I
can't re-open the uml document. While with multiple DataType attribute
of a DataType field it works fine. I added the Exception trace to my
message. The ResourceImpl.load() method was invoked with : new HashMap()
argument.
Maybe somebody can explain me why the uml document loader try to write
on my model when loading document. It works fine with multiples
attribute, not with simples... Isn't a bug?
Thanks

Camille Foubert

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot modify resource set without a
write transaction
at
org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.a ssertWriting(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:338)
at
org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.a ppendNotification(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:300)
at
org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.p rocessObjectNotification(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:282)
at
org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.n otifyChanged(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:238)
at
org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify (BasicNotifierImpl.java:247)
at
org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.NotificationChainImpl.dis patch(NotificationChainImpl.java:104)
at
org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.NotificationChainImpl.dis patch(NotificationChainImpl.java:92)
at
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EStructuralFeatureImpl$InternalSe ttingDelegateSingleEObject.dynamicGet(EStructuralFeatureImpl .java:2333)
at
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjec tImpl.java:1027)
at
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjec tImpl.java:1012)
at
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjec tImpl.java:1004)
at
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EContentsEList$FeatureIteratorImp l.hasNext(EContentsEList.java:409)
at
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.setTarget( ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:697)
at
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.setTarget( ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:674)
at
org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.emf.core.util.CrossReferenceAdapter. setTarget(CrossReferenceAdapter.java:378)
at
org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl$EAdapte rList.didAdd(BasicNotifierImpl.java:77)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.util.BasicEList.addUnique(BasicEList. java:646)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.util.BasicEList.add(BasicEList.java:6 26)
at
org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl$EAdapte rList.add(BasicNotifierImpl.java:129)
at
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.addAdapter (ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:819)
at
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.selfAdapt( ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:510)
at
org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.emf.core.util.CrossReferenceAdapter. selfAdapt(CrossReferenceAdapter.java:92)
at
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.notifyChan ged(ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:430)
at
org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify (BasicNotifierImpl.java:247)
at
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(Resour ceImpl.java:1434)
at
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(Resour ceImpl.java:1210)
Re: Profile DataType uml editor [message #419516 is a reply to message #419513] Mon, 26 May 2008 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Cam,

It looks to me like a cross reference adapter is causing a containment
proxy to be resolved. Can you debug this to see if
CrossReferenceAdapter.resolve is false when you get here:

at
org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.emf.core.util.CrossReferenceAdapter. setTarget(CrossReferenceAdapter.java:378)

Cam Fou wrote:
> Hello, I have a problem when I try to re-open an uml model.
> I have applied a profile on my model and I have set a lots of
> properties before to close it. Simple and arrays of PrimitiveType,
> simple and arrays of DataType. If I use a DataType for first level
> attribute it works fine, I can re-open the document and access my
> datas. If I use simple DataType attribute of a DataType field (higher
> than 1st level) I can't re-open the uml document. While with multiple
> DataType attribute of a DataType field it works fine. I added the
> Exception trace to my message. The ResourceImpl.load() method was
> invoked with : new HashMap() argument.
> Maybe somebody can explain me why the uml document loader try to write
> on my model when loading document. It works fine with multiples
> attribute, not with simples... Isn't a bug?
> Thanks
>
> Camille Foubert
>
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot modify resource set without a
> write transaction
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.a ssertWriting(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:338)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.a ppendNotification(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:300)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.p rocessObjectNotification(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:282)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.n otifyChanged(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:238)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify (BasicNotifierImpl.java:247)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.NotificationChainImpl.dis patch(NotificationChainImpl.java:104)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.NotificationChainImpl.dis patch(NotificationChainImpl.java:92)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EStructuralFeatureImpl$InternalSe ttingDelegateSingleEObject.dynamicGet(EStructuralFeatureImpl .java:2333)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjec tImpl.java:1027)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjec tImpl.java:1012)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjec tImpl.java:1004)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EContentsEList$FeatureIteratorImp l.hasNext(EContentsEList.java:409)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.setTarget( ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:697)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.setTarget( ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:674)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.emf.core.util.CrossReferenceAdapter. setTarget(CrossReferenceAdapter.java:378)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl$EAdapte rList.didAdd(BasicNotifierImpl.java:77)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.common.util.BasicEList.addUnique(BasicEList. java:646)
> at org.eclipse.emf.common.util.BasicEList.add(BasicEList.java:6 26)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl$EAdapte rList.add(BasicNotifierImpl.java:129)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.addAdapter (ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:819)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.selfAdapt( ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:510)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.emf.core.util.CrossReferenceAdapter. selfAdapt(CrossReferenceAdapter.java:92)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.notifyChan ged(ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:430)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify (BasicNotifierImpl.java:247)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(Resour ceImpl.java:1434)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(Resour ceImpl.java:1210)
>

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Profile DataType uml editor [message #419524 is a reply to message #419516] Mon, 26 May 2008 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: cfoubert.prophessi.com

Re, thanks for so fast answer !!!
I just try and the resolve value is always set to true during document
loading ... that means the proxy resolution wasn't done correctly ? Why
trying to write ? What is the difference with the multiple DataType
attributes ?
Thanks,

Camille Foubert
cfoubert@prophessi.com

Ed Merks a écrit :
> Cam,
>
> It looks to me like a cross reference adapter is causing a containment
> proxy to be resolved. Can you debug this to see if
> CrossReferenceAdapter.resolve is false when you get here:
>
> at
> org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.emf.core.util.CrossReferenceAdapter. setTarget(CrossReferenceAdapter.java:378)
>
>
>
> Cam Fou wrote:
>> Hello, I have a problem when I try to re-open an uml model.
>> I have applied a profile on my model and I have set a lots of
>> properties before to close it. Simple and arrays of PrimitiveType,
>> simple and arrays of DataType. If I use a DataType for first level
>> attribute it works fine, I can re-open the document and access my
>> datas. If I use simple DataType attribute of a DataType field (higher
>> than 1st level) I can't re-open the uml document. While with multiple
>> DataType attribute of a DataType field it works fine. I added the
>> Exception trace to my message. The ResourceImpl.load() method was
>> invoked with : new HashMap() argument.
>> Maybe somebody can explain me why the uml document loader try to write
>> on my model when loading document. It works fine with multiples
>> attribute, not with simples... Isn't a bug?
>> Thanks
>>
>> Camille Foubert
>>
>> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot modify resource set without a
>> write transaction
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.a ssertWriting(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:338)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.a ppendNotification(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:300)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.p rocessObjectNotification(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:282)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.n otifyChanged(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:238)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify (BasicNotifierImpl.java:247)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.NotificationChainImpl.dis patch(NotificationChainImpl.java:104)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.NotificationChainImpl.dis patch(NotificationChainImpl.java:92)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EStructuralFeatureImpl$InternalSe ttingDelegateSingleEObject.dynamicGet(EStructuralFeatureImpl .java:2333)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjec tImpl.java:1027)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjec tImpl.java:1012)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjec tImpl.java:1004)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EContentsEList$FeatureIteratorImp l.hasNext(EContentsEList.java:409)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.setTarget( ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:697)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.setTarget( ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:674)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.emf.core.util.CrossReferenceAdapter. setTarget(CrossReferenceAdapter.java:378)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl$EAdapte rList.didAdd(BasicNotifierImpl.java:77)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.common.util.BasicEList.addUnique(BasicEList. java:646)
>> at org.eclipse.emf.common.util.BasicEList.add(BasicEList.java:6 26)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl$EAdapte rList.add(BasicNotifierImpl.java:129)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.addAdapter (ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:819)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.selfAdapt( ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:510)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.emf.core.util.CrossReferenceAdapter. selfAdapt(CrossReferenceAdapter.java:92)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.notifyChan ged(ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:430)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify (BasicNotifierImpl.java:247)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(Resour ceImpl.java:1434)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(Resour ceImpl.java:1210)
>>
Re: Profile DataType uml editor [message #419531 is a reply to message #419524] Mon, 26 May 2008 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cam,

Comments below.

Cam Fou wrote:
> Re, thanks for so fast answer !!!
> I just try and the resolve value is always set to true during document
> loading ...
When it's true, containment proxies will resolve and that will look like
a model change to the transaction framework. So it seems bad it should
be this way during loading.
> that means the proxy resolution wasn't done correctly ?
It's being done correctly but it shouldn't be done at all during loading.
> Why trying to write ?
When a containment proxy is resolve, the proxy needs to be removed from
the container and hence the proxy's container reference needs to be
cleared, which looks like a write change.
> What is the difference with the multiple DataType attributes ?
I don't know enough about UML to understand why that's related. It
seems unrelated to the stack trace I'm seeing.

I've added the UML and GMF newsgroups to the reply, because I don't
understand who is responsible for creating the cross reference adapter
that's doing resolving...
> Thanks,
>
> Camille Foubert
> cfoubert@prophessi.com
>
> Ed Merks a écrit :
>> Cam,
>>
>> It looks to me like a cross reference adapter is causing a
>> containment proxy to be resolved. Can you debug this to see if
>> CrossReferenceAdapter.resolve is false when you get here:
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.emf.core.util.CrossReferenceAdapter. setTarget(CrossReferenceAdapter.java:378)
>>
>>
>>
>> Cam Fou wrote:
>>> Hello, I have a problem when I try to re-open an uml model.
>>> I have applied a profile on my model and I have set a lots of
>>> properties before to close it. Simple and arrays of PrimitiveType,
>>> simple and arrays of DataType. If I use a DataType for first level
>>> attribute it works fine, I can re-open the document and access my
>>> datas. If I use simple DataType attribute of a DataType field
>>> (higher than 1st level) I can't re-open the uml document. While with
>>> multiple DataType attribute of a DataType field it works fine. I
>>> added the Exception trace to my message. The ResourceImpl.load()
>>> method was invoked with : new HashMap() argument.
>>> Maybe somebody can explain me why the uml document loader try to
>>> write on my model when loading document. It works fine with
>>> multiples attribute, not with simples... Isn't a bug?
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Camille Foubert
>>>
>>> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot modify resource set without
>>> a write transaction
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.a ssertWriting(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:338)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.a ppendNotification(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:300)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.p rocessObjectNotification(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:282)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.n otifyChanged(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:238)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify (BasicNotifierImpl.java:247)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.NotificationChainImpl.dis patch(NotificationChainImpl.java:104)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.NotificationChainImpl.dis patch(NotificationChainImpl.java:92)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EStructuralFeatureImpl$InternalSe ttingDelegateSingleEObject.dynamicGet(EStructuralFeatureImpl .java:2333)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjec tImpl.java:1027)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjec tImpl.java:1012)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjec tImpl.java:1004)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EContentsEList$FeatureIteratorImp l.hasNext(EContentsEList.java:409)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.setTarget( ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:697)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.setTarget( ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:674)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.emf.core.util.CrossReferenceAdapter. setTarget(CrossReferenceAdapter.java:378)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl$EAdapte rList.didAdd(BasicNotifierImpl.java:77)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.emf.common.util.BasicEList.addUnique(BasicEList. java:646)
>>> at org.eclipse.emf.common.util.BasicEList.add(BasicEList.java:6 26)
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl$EAdapte rList.add(BasicNotifierImpl.java:129)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.addAdapter (ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:819)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.selfAdapt( ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:510)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.emf.core.util.CrossReferenceAdapter. selfAdapt(CrossReferenceAdapter.java:92)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.notifyChan ged(ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:430)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify (BasicNotifierImpl.java:247)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(Resour ceImpl.java:1434)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(Resour ceImpl.java:1210)
>>>

Ed Merks
Re: Profile DataType uml editor [message #419552 is a reply to message #419531] Tue, 27 May 2008 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Shatalin is currently offline Alexander ShatalinFriend
Hello Ed,

> I've added the UML and GMF newsgroups to the reply, because I don't
> understand who is responsible for creating the cross reference adapter
> that's doing resolving...
One of the possible places where CrossReferenceAdapter is attached to the
ResourceSet is GMFEditingDomainFactory..

-----------------
Alex Shatalin
Re: Profile DataType uml editor [message #419557 is a reply to message #419552] Tue, 27 May 2008 12:59 Go to previous message
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Alex,

I see.

| *final *ResourceSet rset = domain.getResourceSet();

// ensure that the cross-referencing adapter is installed
*if *(CrossReferenceAdapter.getExistingCrossReferenceAdapter(rse t) == *null*) {
rset.eAdapters().add(*new *CrossReferenceAdapter());
}|

I wonder if creating a non-resolving one would be better? In any case,
it looks like the client could configure their resource set ahead of
time to avoid the issue. Cam never mentioned what editor was being
used, but likely that editor should address this issue...

Alex Shatalin wrote:
> Hello Ed,
>
>> I've added the UML and GMF newsgroups to the reply, because I don't
>> understand who is responsible for creating the cross reference adapter
>> that's doing resolving...
> One of the possible places where CrossReferenceAdapter is attached to
> the ResourceSet is GMFEditingDomainFactory..
>
> -----------------
> Alex Shatalin
>
>

Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta content="text/html;charset=UTF-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000">
Alex,<br>
<br>
I see.<br>
<br>
<title></title>
<style type="text/css">
<!--code { font-family: Courier New, Courier; font-size: 10pt; margin: 0px; }-->
</style>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<!-- ======================================================== -->
<!-- = Java Sourcecode to HTML automatically converted code = --><!-- = Java2Html Converter 5.0 [2006-02-26] by Markus Gebhard markus@jave.de = -->
<!-- = Further information: http://www.java2html.de = -->
<div class="java" align="left">
<table bgcolor="#ffffff" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0">
<tbody>
<tr>
<!-- start source code --> <td align="left" nowrap="nowrap"
valign="top"> <code><font color="#ffffff">    </font><font
color="#7f0055"><b>final </b></font><font color="#000000">ResourceSet rset = domain.getResourceSet </font><font
color="#000000">()</font><font color="#000000">;</font><br>
<font color="#ffffff"></font><br>
<font color="#ffffff">    </font><font color="#3f7f5f"> // ensure that the cross-referencing adapter is insta lled </font><br>
<font color="#ffffff">    </font><font color="#7f0055"><b>if </b></font><font
color="#000000">(</font><font color="#000000">CrossReferenceAdapter.getExistingCrossReferenceAdapter </font><font
color="#000000">(</font><font color="#000000">rset</font><font
color="#000000">) </font><font color="#000000">== </font><font
color="#7f0055"><b>null</b></font><font color="#000000">) {</font><br>
<font color="#ffffff">      </font><font color="#000000">rset.eAdapters</font><font
color="#000000">()</font><font color="#000000">.add</font><font
color="#000000">(</font><font color="#7f0055"><b>new </b></font><font
color="#000000">CrossReferenceAdapter</font><font color="#000000">())</font><font
color="#000000">;</font><br>
<font color="#ffffff">    </font><font color="#000000">}</font></code>
</td>
<!-- end source code --> </tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</div>
<!-- = END of automatically generated HTML code = -->
<!-- ======================================================== --><br>
I wonder if creating a non-resolving one would be better?  In any case,
it looks like the client could configure their resource set ahead of
time to avoid the issue.   Cam never mentioned what editor was being
used, but likely that editor should address this issue...<br>
<br>
<br>
Alex Shatalin wrote:
<blockquote cite="mid:3c3172e622a768ca8e09306341ba@news.eclipse.org"
type="cite">Hello Ed,
<br>
<br>
<blockquote type="cite">I've added the UML and GMF newsgroups to the
reply, because I don't
<br>
understand who is responsible for creating the cross reference adapter
<br>
that's doing resolving...
<br>
</blockquote>
One of the possible places where CrossReferenceAdapter is attached to
the ResourceSet is GMFEditingDomainFactory..
<br>
<br>
-----------------
<br>
Alex Shatalin
<br>
<br>
<br>
</blockquote>
<br>
</body>
</html>

--------------070101000707080502040801--

Ed Merks
Previous Topic:IactionDelegate.selectionChanged returns null?
Next Topic:ContentProvider problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 16:19:28 GMT 2024