Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Feature dependency match rules
Feature dependency match rules [message #39746] Fri, 09 January 2009 18:30 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: eclipse-news.rizzoweb.com

Is there any documentation that explains the precise meaning of each of
the Match Rule options for declaring a dependency version in feature.xml?
If not, can somone offer an explanation here? A wiki page would be
ideal, but I'll volunteer to create one if someone will give me the
explanation.

Eric
Re: Feature dependency match rules [message #39938 is a reply to message #39746] Mon, 12 January 2009 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin Cabé is currently offline Benjamin CabéFriend
Messages: 201
Registered: July 2009
Location: Toulouse, France
Senior Member

Eric,

In the feature manifest help
( http://help.eclipse.org/stable/topic/org.eclipse.platform.do c.isv/reference/misc/feature_manifest.html),
you'll find the following explanation:

*match* - optional matching rule. Valid values and processing are as
follows:

* if *version* attribute is not specifies, the match attribute (if
specified) is ignored.

* *perfect* - dependent plug-in version must match exactly the specified
version. If "patch" is "true", "perfect" is assumed and other values
cannot be set.

* *equivalent* - dependent plug-in version must be at least at the
version specified, or at a higher service level (major and minor version
levels must equal the specified version).

* *compatible* - dependent plug-in version must be at least at the
version specified, or at a higher service level or minor level (major
version level must equal the specified version).

* *greaterOrEqual* - dependent plug-in version must be at least at the
version specified, or at a higher service, minor or major level.


I think that would be reasonable to at least provide a link to the
previously mentioned page in the Feature Manifest Editor help page
( http://help.eclipse.org/stable/topic/org.eclipse.pde.doc.use r/guide/tools/editors/feature_editor/dependencies.htm)


Re: Feature dependency match rules [message #39968 is a reply to message #39938] Mon, 12 January 2009 14:09 Go to previous message
Benjamin Cabé is currently offline Benjamin CabéFriend
Messages: 201
Registered: July 2009
Location: Toulouse, France
Senior Member

Benjamin CABE a écrit :

> I think that would be reasonable to at least provide a link to the
> previously mentioned page in the Feature Manifest Editor help page
> ( http://help.eclipse.org/stable/topic/org.eclipse.pde.doc.use r/guide/tools/editors/feature_editor/dependencies.htm)
>

Just found bug https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180666 ...

Cheers,
Ben


Re: Feature dependency match rules [message #588101 is a reply to message #39746] Mon, 12 January 2009 14:06 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: benjamin.cabe.anyware-tech.com

Eric,

In the feature manifest help
( http://help.eclipse.org/stable/topic/org.eclipse.platform.do c.isv/reference/misc/feature_manifest.html),
you'll find the following explanation:

*match* - optional matching rule. Valid values and processing are as
follows:

* if *version* attribute is not specifies, the match attribute (if
specified) is ignored.

* *perfect* - dependent plug-in version must match exactly the specified
version. If "patch" is "true", "perfect" is assumed and other values
cannot be set.

* *equivalent* - dependent plug-in version must be at least at the
version specified, or at a higher service level (major and minor version
levels must equal the specified version).

* *compatible* - dependent plug-in version must be at least at the
version specified, or at a higher service level or minor level (major
version level must equal the specified version).

* *greaterOrEqual* - dependent plug-in version must be at least at the
version specified, or at a higher service, minor or major level.


I think that would be reasonable to at least provide a link to the
previously mentioned page in the Feature Manifest Editor help page
( http://help.eclipse.org/stable/topic/org.eclipse.pde.doc.use r/guide/tools/editors/feature_editor/dependencies.htm)
Re: Feature dependency match rules [message #588114 is a reply to message #39938] Mon, 12 January 2009 14:09 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: benjamin.cabe.anyware-tech.com

Benjamin CABE a écrit :

> I think that would be reasonable to at least provide a link to the
> previously mentioned page in the Feature Manifest Editor help page
> ( http://help.eclipse.org/stable/topic/org.eclipse.pde.doc.use r/guide/tools/editors/feature_editor/dependencies.htm)
>

Just found bug https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=180666 ...

Cheers,
Ben
Previous Topic:How are you writing plugins for eclipse?
Next Topic:How are you writing plugins for eclipse?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Jun 20 22:30:02 GMT 2021

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01588 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top