Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Getting an exception that is hanging my application with EclipseLink 1.1.0
Getting an exception that is hanging my application with EclipseLink 1.1.0 [message #386052] Sat, 21 March 2009 13:27 Go to next message
Brett Bergquist is currently offline Brett BergquistFriend
Here is the exception traceback

applications/j2ee-apps/csem/csem-core-api.jar-csem-PU.transa ction|_ThreadID=27;_ThreadName=p: thread-pool-1; w: 30;_RequestID=c058f3
fd-fdcf-49df-911c-b0815ff6a73a;|
Local Exception Stack:
Exception [EclipseLink-2010] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 1.1.0.r3634): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.ConcurrencyException
Exception Description: (There is no English translation for this exception.)

at org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.ConcurrencyException.acti veLockAlreadyTransitioned(ConcurrencyException.java:51)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.helper.ConcurrencyManager.t ransitionToDeferredLock(ConcurrencyManager.java:529)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.identitymaps.CacheKey.trans itionToDeferredLock(CacheKey.java:519)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.helper.WriteLockManager.tra nsitionToDeferredLocks(WriteLockManager.java:174)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.UnitOfWorkImpl.get ObjectFromSharedCacheForMerge(UnitOfWorkImpl.java:2466)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.UnitOfWorkImpl.get OriginalVersionOfObjectOrNull(UnitOfWorkImpl.java:2354)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.MergeManager.merge ChangesOfWorkingCopyIntoOriginal(MergeManager.java:576)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.MergeManager.merge Changes(MergeManager.java:263)
at org.eclipse.persistence.mappings.ObjectReferenceMapping.merg eIntoObject(ObjectReferenceMapping.java:412)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.descriptors.ObjectBuilder.m ergeIntoObject(ObjectBuilder.java:2578)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.descriptors.ObjectBuilder.m ergeChangesIntoObject(ObjectBuilder.java:2527)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.MergeManager.merge ChangesOfWorkingCopyIntoOriginal(MergeManager.java:593)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.MergeManager.merge Changes(MergeManager.java:263)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.UnitOfWorkImpl.mer geChangesIntoParent(UnitOfWorkImpl.java:3063)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.RepeatableWriteUni tOfWork.mergeChangesIntoParent(RepeatableWriteUnitOfWork.jav a
:249)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.UnitOfWorkImpl.mer geClonesAfterCompletion(UnitOfWorkImpl.java:3233)
at org.eclipse.persistence.transaction.AbstractSynchronizationL istener.afterCompletion(AbstractSynchronizationListener.java :
213)
at org.eclipse.persistence.transaction.JTASynchronizationListen er.afterCompletion(JTASynchronizationListener.java:79)
at com.sun.enterprise.distributedtx.J2EETransaction.commit(J2EE Transaction.java:500)
at com.sun.enterprise.distributedtx.J2EETransactionManagerOpt.c ommit(J2EETransactionManagerOpt.java:371)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.completeNewTx(BaseConta iner.java:3817)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.postInvokeTx(BaseContai ner.java:3610)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.postInvoke(BaseContaine r.java:1379)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.postInvoke(BaseContaine r.java:1316)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.EJBLocalObjectInvocationHandler.invok e(EJBLocalObjectInvocationHandler.java:205)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.EJBLocalObjectInvocationHandlerDelega te.invoke(EJBLocalObjectInvocationHandlerDelegate.java:127)
at $Proxy62.create(Unknown Source)

After this, various portions of the app server hang.

Any ideas?
Re: Getting an exception that is hanging my application with EclipseLink 1.1.0 [message #386060 is a reply to message #386052] Mon, 23 March 2009 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Sutherland is currently offline James SutherlandFriend

Please log a high priority bug for this issue. Also include exactly what
your application is doing to get this exception in the bug and here.

The translation error is also odd, you should be getting the error,
"Lock has already been transitioned to a Deferred Lock. A second attempt
to transition the lock has been requested by thread: {0} during merge."

---
James
http://www.nabble.com/EclipseLink---Users-f26658.html

James : Wiki : Book : Blog : Twitter
Re: Getting an exception that is hanging my application with EclipseLink 1.1.0 [message #386062 is a reply to message #386060] Mon, 23 March 2009 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had to ship code so I reverted back to EclipseLink 1.0.2. I will put EclipseLink 1.1.0 back into my environment and try to get
this to reproduce readily.

Of course, the application was doing many things and it happened only a couple of times ;) This is a J2EE application and a Message
Driven Bean was invoked in one portion of the application while another portion was performing an EJB stateless session been
invocation. Both might have been accessing the same JPA entity.

I have optimistic locking enabled via the @Version annotation and the database is setup for maximum concurrency with Read
Uncommitted allowed.

The big concern that I had is not so much that the error occurred, but what it did to the application server. It seemed like it
locked up transactions. There was no indication of a rollback that occurred.

So I will try to reproduce this and see what I can find and open a bug.

James wrote:
> Please log a high priority bug for this issue. Also include exactly
> what your application is doing to get this exception in the bug and here.
>
> The translation error is also odd, you should be getting the error,
> "Lock has already been transitioned to a Deferred Lock. A second
> attempt to transition the lock has been requested by thread: {0} during
> merge."
>
> ---
> James
> http://www.nabble.com/EclipseLink---Users-f26658.html
>
Re: Getting an exception that is hanging my application with EclipseLink 1.1.0 [message #386568 is a reply to message #386062] Tue, 31 March 2009 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gordon Yorke is currently offline Gordon YorkeFriend
This issue has been fixed.
Please see bug 270499
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=270499
--Gordon
Re: Getting an exception that is hanging my application with EclipseLink 1.1.0 [message #386572 is a reply to message #386568] Wed, 01 April 2009 15:53 Go to previous message
Wow, thanks! I have been swamped after just releasing a product and have not had any chance to try to reproduce this. Fantastic
that it was found and fixed!

Gordon Yorke wrote:
> This issue has been fixed.
> Please see bug 270499
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=270499
> --Gordon
>
Previous Topic:Need help configuring EclipseLink JPA
Next Topic:Eclipselink 1.1: java.lang.ClassCast,Exception: org.eclipse.persistence.internal.helper.IdentityWeak
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:06:54 GMT 2024