Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Problem with word emitter
Problem with word emitter [message #368523] Mon, 08 June 2009 08:55 Go to next message
Conor O'Mahony is currently offline Conor O'MahonyFriend
Hi,

I have integrated BIRT report engine into my RCP application- where the user can select the output
type (PDF or DOC) and the language (English, German, Spanish etc.) to generate a report from a
report design (designed using the DEAPI).

The pdf option works fine for all languages but whenever I change the output to DOC and the language
to anything other than English, I get the below error (e.g. for German)-

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

SCHWERWIEGEND: An error happened while running the report. Cause:
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.XMLWriter.indent(XMLW riter.java:378)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.XMLWriter.closeTag(XM LWriter.java:188)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.wpml.WpmlWriter.end(W pmlWriter.java:1592)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.wpml.WordEmitterImpl. end(WordEmitterImpl.java:291)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.wpml.WordEmitter.end( WordEmitter.java:80)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.CompositeContentEmitt er.end(CompositeContentEmitter.java:64)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doR un(RunAndRenderTask.java:153)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.run (RunAndRenderTask.java:72)
at com.pilz.ie.pascal.report.core.logic.impl.birt.BIRTReportTas k$1.run(BIRTReportTask.java:101)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "Thread-5" java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Error happened while running the report
at com.pilz.ie.pascal.report.core.logic.impl.birt.BIRTReportTas k$1.run(BIRTReportTask.java:105)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Error happened while running the report
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doR un(RunAndRenderTask.java:167)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.run (RunAndRenderTask.java:72)
at com.pilz.ie.pascal.report.core.logic.impl.birt.BIRTReportTas k$1.run(BIRTReportTask.java:101)
... 1 more
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.XMLWriter.indent(XMLW riter.java:378)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.XMLWriter.closeTag(XM LWriter.java:188)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.wpml.WpmlWriter.end(W pmlWriter.java:1592)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.wpml.WordEmitterImpl. end(WordEmitterImpl.java:291)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.wpml.WordEmitter.end( WordEmitter.java:80)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.CompositeContentEmitt er.end(CompositeContentEmitter.java:64)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doR un(RunAndRenderTask.java:153)
... 3 more
Re: Problem with word emitter [message #368524 is a reply to message #368523] Mon, 08 June 2009 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, forgot to include version info -

Eclipse is 3.4.1
BIRT is 2.3.1

Many thanks,
Conor

Conor O'Mahony wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have integrated BIRT report engine into my RCP application- where the
> user can select the output type (PDF or DOC) and the language (English,
> German, Spanish etc.) to generate a report from a report design
> (designed using the DEAPI).
>
> The pdf option works fine for all languages but whenever I change the
> output to DOC and the language to anything other than English, I get the
> below error (e.g. for German)-
>
> Does anyone know what might be causing this?
>
> SCHWERWIEGEND: An error happened while running the report. Cause:
> java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.XMLWriter.indent(XMLW riter.java:378)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.XMLWriter.closeTag(XM LWriter.java:188)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.wpml.WpmlWriter.end(W pmlWriter.java:1592)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.wpml.WordEmitterImpl. end(WordEmitterImpl.java:291)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.wpml.WordEmitter.end( WordEmitter.java:80)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.CompositeContentEmitt er.end(CompositeContentEmitter.java:64)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doR un(RunAndRenderTask.java:153)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.run (RunAndRenderTask.java:72)
>
> at
> com.pilz.ie.pascal.report.core.logic.impl.birt.BIRTReportTas k$1.run(BIRTReportTask.java:101)
>
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
> Exception in thread "Thread-5" java.lang.RuntimeException:
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Error happened while
> running the report
> at
> com.pilz.ie.pascal.report.core.logic.impl.birt.BIRTReportTas k$1.run(BIRTReportTask.java:105)
>
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
> Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Error
> happened while running the report
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doR un(RunAndRenderTask.java:167)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.run (RunAndRenderTask.java:72)
>
> at
> com.pilz.ie.pascal.report.core.logic.impl.birt.BIRTReportTas k$1.run(BIRTReportTask.java:101)
>
> ... 1 more
> Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.XMLWriter.indent(XMLW riter.java:378)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.XMLWriter.closeTag(XM LWriter.java:188)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.wpml.WpmlWriter.end(W pmlWriter.java:1592)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.wpml.WordEmitterImpl. end(WordEmitterImpl.java:291)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.wpml.WordEmitter.end( WordEmitter.java:80)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.CompositeContentEmitt er.end(CompositeContentEmitter.java:64)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doR un(RunAndRenderTask.java:153)
>
> ... 3 more
Re: Problem with word emitter [message #368530 is a reply to message #368524] Mon, 08 June 2009 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: jasonweathersby.windstream.net

Conor,

Any chance you could post an example report that has the issue?

Jason

Conor O'Mahony wrote:
> Sorry, forgot to include version info -
>
> Eclipse is 3.4.1
> BIRT is 2.3.1
>
> Many thanks,
> Conor
>
> Conor O'Mahony wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have integrated BIRT report engine into my RCP application- where
>> the user can select the output type (PDF or DOC) and the language
>> (English, German, Spanish etc.) to generate a report from a report
>> design (designed using the DEAPI).
>>
>> The pdf option works fine for all languages but whenever I change the
>> output to DOC and the language to anything other than English, I get
>> the below error (e.g. for German)-
>>
>> Does anyone know what might be causing this?
>>
>> SCHWERWIEGEND: An error happened while running the report. Cause:
>> java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
>> at
>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.XMLWriter.indent(XMLW riter.java:378)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.XMLWriter.closeTag(XM LWriter.java:188)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.wpml.WpmlWriter.end(W pmlWriter.java:1592)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.wpml.WordEmitterImpl. end(WordEmitterImpl.java:291)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.wpml.WordEmitter.end( WordEmitter.java:80)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.CompositeContentEmitt er.end(CompositeContentEmitter.java:64)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doR un(RunAndRenderTask.java:153)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.run (RunAndRenderTask.java:72)
>>
>> at
>> com.pilz.ie.pascal.report.core.logic.impl.birt.BIRTReportTas k$1.run(BIRTReportTask.java:101)
>>
>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>> Exception in thread "Thread-5" java.lang.RuntimeException:
>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Error happened
>> while running the report
>> at
>> com.pilz.ie.pascal.report.core.logic.impl.birt.BIRTReportTas k$1.run(BIRTReportTask.java:105)
>>
>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>> Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Error
>> happened while running the report
>> at
>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doR un(RunAndRenderTask.java:167)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.run (RunAndRenderTask.java:72)
>>
>> at
>> com.pilz.ie.pascal.report.core.logic.impl.birt.BIRTReportTas k$1.run(BIRTReportTask.java:101)
>>
>> ... 1 more
>> Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
>> at
>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.XMLWriter.indent(XMLW riter.java:378)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.XMLWriter.closeTag(XM LWriter.java:188)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.wpml.WpmlWriter.end(W pmlWriter.java:1592)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.wpml.WordEmitterImpl. end(WordEmitterImpl.java:291)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.wpml.WordEmitter.end( WordEmitter.java:80)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.CompositeContentEmitt er.end(CompositeContentEmitter.java:64)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doR un(RunAndRenderTask.java:153)
>>
>> ... 3 more
Re: Problem with word emitter (CANNOT REPRODUCE) [message #368543 is a reply to message #368530] Tue, 09 June 2009 09:06 Go to previous message
Hi Jason,

As luck would have it - this seems to have resolved itself, I had been fixing other issues and when
I went back to try and reproduce this I could not...
If I come across it again I will post the report.

Thanks for your help,
Conor

Jason Weathersby wrote:
> Conor,
>
> Any chance you could post an example report that has the issue?
>
> Jason
>
> Conor O'Mahony wrote:
>> Sorry, forgot to include version info -
>>
>> Eclipse is 3.4.1
>> BIRT is 2.3.1
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> Conor
>>
>> Conor O'Mahony wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have integrated BIRT report engine into my RCP application- where
>>> the user can select the output type (PDF or DOC) and the language
>>> (English, German, Spanish etc.) to generate a report from a report
>>> design (designed using the DEAPI).
>>>
>>> The pdf option works fine for all languages but whenever I change the
>>> output to DOC and the language to anything other than English, I get
>>> the below error (e.g. for German)-
>>>
>>> Does anyone know what might be causing this?
>>>
>>> SCHWERWIEGEND: An error happened while running the report. Cause:
>>> java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.XMLWriter.indent(XMLW riter.java:378)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.XMLWriter.closeTag(XM LWriter.java:188)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.wpml.WpmlWriter.end(W pmlWriter.java:1592)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.wpml.WordEmitterImpl. end(WordEmitterImpl.java:291)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.wpml.WordEmitter.end( WordEmitter.java:80)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.CompositeContentEmitt er.end(CompositeContentEmitter.java:64)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doR un(RunAndRenderTask.java:153)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.run (RunAndRenderTask.java:72)
>>>
>>> at
>>> com.pilz.ie.pascal.report.core.logic.impl.birt.BIRTReportTas k$1.run(BIRTReportTask.java:101)
>>>
>>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>>> Exception in thread "Thread-5" java.lang.RuntimeException:
>>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Error happened
>>> while running the report
>>> at
>>> com.pilz.ie.pascal.report.core.logic.impl.birt.BIRTReportTas k$1.run(BIRTReportTask.java:105)
>>>
>>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>>> Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Error
>>> happened while running the report
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doR un(RunAndRenderTask.java:167)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.run (RunAndRenderTask.java:72)
>>>
>>> at
>>> com.pilz.ie.pascal.report.core.logic.impl.birt.BIRTReportTas k$1.run(BIRTReportTask.java:101)
>>>
>>> ... 1 more
>>> Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.XMLWriter.indent(XMLW riter.java:378)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.XMLWriter.closeTag(XM LWriter.java:188)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.wpml.WpmlWriter.end(W pmlWriter.java:1592)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.wpml.WordEmitterImpl. end(WordEmitterImpl.java:291)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.wpml.WordEmitter.end( WordEmitter.java:80)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.CompositeContentEmitt er.end(CompositeContentEmitter.java:64)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doR un(RunAndRenderTask.java:153)
>>>
>>> ... 3 more
Previous Topic:Y axis step size problem
Next Topic:tooltip over x-Axis Label
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:07:35 GMT 2024