Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Re: 3.5M3 crashes Invalid memory access of location
Re: 3.5M3 crashes Invalid memory access of location [message #34763] Thu, 27 November 2008 06:14 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: ekkehard.gentz-software.de

I made some more tests
seems that the IDE and the workspace - projects itself are are all well
so 3.5M3 at IDE - level works

....think there's something wrong in my target platform,
which I also tried to build new from 3.5M3

now a question:
is there a way to startup a workspace without using last Target Platform
? something like -cleantargetplatform

ekke

ekke schrieb:
> dont know if this is the right newsgroup
>
> I'm just trying to make my projects run under 3.5M3
> MacOSX 10.5.5, JDK 1.5, carbon
>
> just thaught I was ready, but after restarting my workspace
> (was a fresh workspace and all projects new copied into the workspace)
> eclipse crashes
>
> I can open a new workspace, but switching to the problematic workspace
> it crashes again
>
> its a workspace with a target platform and many project
> if no one has an idea I'll try tomorrow again to build the workspace
>
> perhaps someone has an idea ?
>
> THX
>
> ekke
>
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367]
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.AssertionFailedException: assertion failed:
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isTrue(Assert.java:111)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isTrue(Assert.java:97)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.jface.text.source.AnnotationModel.getRegionAnnot ationIterator(AnnotationModel.java:741)
>
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.jface.text.source.AnnotationModel.getAnnotationI terator(AnnotationModel.java:699)
>
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.jface.text.source.AnnotationRulerColumn.doPaint1 (AnnotationRulerColumn.java:699)
>
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.jface.text.source.AnnotationRulerColumn.doubleBu fferPaint(AnnotationRulerColumn.java:513)
>
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.jface.text.source.AnnotationRulerColumn.access$3 (AnnotationRulerColumn.java:489)
>
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.jface.text.source.AnnotationRulerColumn$1.paintC ontrol(AnnotationRulerColumn.java:280)
>
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListe ner.java:217)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java :84)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1566)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1590)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1575)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.drawWidget(Control.java:850)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Canvas.drawWidget(Canvas.java:114)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.kEventControlDraw(Widget.java :1069)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Canvas.kEventControlDraw(Canvas.java :191)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.controlProc(Widget.java:370)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.controlProc(Display.java:862 )
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.swt.internal.carbon.OS.ShowWindow(Native Method)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.setWindowVisible(Shell.java:17 92)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.setVisible(Shell.java:1764)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.open(Shell.java:1298)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:797)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.open(WorkbenchWindow .java:778)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$61.runWithException(Workbe nch.java:3394)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run (StartupThreading.java:31)
>
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:3 5)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchr onizer.java:133)
>
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.jav a:3342)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java :3071)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows(Work benchAdvisor.java:803)
>
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$27.runWithException(Workbe nch.java:1361)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run (StartupThreading.java:31)
>
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:3 5)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchr onizer.java:133)
>
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.jav a:3342)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java :3071)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2293)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:21 98)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:493)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault (Realm.java:333)
>
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Work bench.java:488)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.j ava:149)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start (IDEApplication.java:113)
>
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Eclips eAppHandle.java:193)
>
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
>
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
>
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:370)
>
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:179)
>
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcce ssorImpl.java:39)
>
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMe thodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 549)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)
> 26.11.08 22:33:10 [0x0-0x46046].org.eclipse.eclipse[367] Invalid memory
> access of location 00000009 eip=910e9d14
Re: 3.5M3 crashes Invalid memory access of location [message #34831 is a reply to message #34763] Thu, 27 November 2008 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: zx.code9.com

ekke wrote:
> I made some more tests
> seems that the IDE and the workspace - projects itself are are all well
> so 3.5M3 at IDE - level works
>
> ...think there's something wrong in my target platform,
> which I also tried to build new from 3.5M3
>
> now a question:
> is there a way to startup a workspace without using last Target Platform
> ? something like -cleantargetplatform

If you launch with -Dpde.nocache=true that should cause PDE to rebuild
its state of the world.

I highly doubt that this has to do with your target platform though.

Cheers,

~ Chris
Re: 3.5M3 crashes Invalid memory access of location [message #34866 is a reply to message #34831] Thu, 27 November 2008 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: ekkehard.gentz-software.de

Chris Aniszczyk schrieb:
> ekke wrote:
>> I made some more tests
>> seems that the IDE and the workspace - projects itself are are all well
>> so 3.5M3 at IDE - level works
>>
>> ...think there's something wrong in my target platform,
>> which I also tried to build new from 3.5M3
>>
>> now a question:
>> is there a way to startup a workspace without using last Target
>> Platform ? something like -cleantargetplatform
>
> If you launch with -Dpde.nocache=true that should cause PDE to rebuild
> its state of the world.
>
> I highly doubt that this has to do with your target platform though.
>
> Cheers,
>
> ~ Chris
thx for the pde.nocache ;-)

yes, its the target platform
rebuild the workspace - using the old 3.4 target platform all works well
also tried pde-export with build-cycles allowed - works great
....but still some work to rebuild my target platform
....more work with all the 3.5M3 downloads then using RCP-packages ;-)

will try it again later
ekke
Re: 3.5M3 crashes Invalid memory access of location [message #34901 is a reply to message #34866] Thu, 27 November 2008 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: zx.code9.com

ekke wrote:
> thx for the pde.nocache ;-)
>
> yes, its the target platform
> rebuild the workspace - using the old 3.4 target platform all works well
> also tried pde-export with build-cycles allowed - works great
> ...but still some work to rebuild my target platform
> ...more work with all the 3.5M3 downloads then using RCP-packages ;-)
>
> will try it again later

Can you be more specific with the problem Ekke? I would like to know if
its PDE's fault somehow. It would be weird for PDE to cause an invalid
memory access. A full stack trace and dump would be appreciated in a bug
report.

Thanks!

Cheers,

~ Chris
Re: 3.5M3 crashes Invalid memory access of location [message #34925 is a reply to message #34901] Thu, 27 November 2008 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: ekkehard.gentz-software.de

Chris Aniszczyk schrieb:
> ekke wrote:
>> thx for the pde.nocache ;-)
>>
>> yes, its the target platform
>> rebuild the workspace - using the old 3.4 target platform all works well
>> also tried pde-export with build-cycles allowed - works great
>> ...but still some work to rebuild my target platform
>> ...more work with all the 3.5M3 downloads then using RCP-packages ;-)
>>
>> will try it again later
>
> Can you be more specific with the problem Ekke? I would like to know if
> its PDE's fault somehow. It would be weird for PDE to cause an invalid
> memory access. A full stack trace and dump would be appreciated in a bug
> report.
>
I'll try to figure it out and report

ekke
> Thanks!
>
> Cheers,
>
> ~ Chris
Re: 3.5M3 crashes Invalid memory access of location [message #34959 is a reply to message #34901] Thu, 27 November 2008 19:19 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: ekkehard.gentz-software.de

Chris Aniszczyk schrieb:
> ekke wrote:
>> thx for the pde.nocache ;-)
>>
>> yes, its the target platform
>> rebuild the workspace - using the old 3.4 target platform all works well
>> also tried pde-export with build-cycles allowed - works great
>> ...but still some work to rebuild my target platform
>> ...more work with all the 3.5M3 downloads then using RCP-packages ;-)
>>
>> will try it again later
>
> Can you be more specific with the problem Ekke? I would like to know if
> its PDE's fault somehow. It would be weird for PDE to cause an invalid
> memory access. A full stack trace and dump would be appreciated in a bug
> report.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Cheers,
>
> ~ Chris
Chris,

if a target platform is wrong - is there a way to start the workspace
again with the IDE as self-hosting target platform ?
something like ignoreTargetPlatform or useSelfHostingTargetPlatform
or have I to delete some thing from the configuration, so the IDE
forgots that there was a targetplatform applied ?

would be helpful while testing and searching the reason

thx again

ekke
Re: 3.5M3 crashes Invalid memory access of location [message #585988 is a reply to message #34763] Thu, 27 November 2008 14:10 Go to previous message
Chris Aniszczyk is currently offline Chris AniszczykFriend
Messages: 674
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
ekke wrote:
> I made some more tests
> seems that the IDE and the workspace - projects itself are are all well
> so 3.5M3 at IDE - level works
>
> ...think there's something wrong in my target platform,
> which I also tried to build new from 3.5M3
>
> now a question:
> is there a way to startup a workspace without using last Target Platform
> ? something like -cleantargetplatform

If you launch with -Dpde.nocache=true that should cause PDE to rebuild
its state of the world.

I highly doubt that this has to do with your target platform though.

Cheers,

~ Chris
Re: 3.5M3 crashes Invalid memory access of location [message #586007 is a reply to message #34831] Thu, 27 November 2008 14:46 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: ekkehard.gentz-software.de

Chris Aniszczyk schrieb:
> ekke wrote:
>> I made some more tests
>> seems that the IDE and the workspace - projects itself are are all well
>> so 3.5M3 at IDE - level works
>>
>> ...think there's something wrong in my target platform,
>> which I also tried to build new from 3.5M3
>>
>> now a question:
>> is there a way to startup a workspace without using last Target
>> Platform ? something like -cleantargetplatform
>
> If you launch with -Dpde.nocache=true that should cause PDE to rebuild
> its state of the world.
>
> I highly doubt that this has to do with your target platform though.
>
> Cheers,
>
> ~ Chris
thx for the pde.nocache ;-)

yes, its the target platform
rebuild the workspace - using the old 3.4 target platform all works well
also tried pde-export with build-cycles allowed - works great
....but still some work to rebuild my target platform
....more work with all the 3.5M3 downloads then using RCP-packages ;-)

will try it again later
ekke
Re: 3.5M3 crashes Invalid memory access of location [message #586019 is a reply to message #34866] Thu, 27 November 2008 17:55 Go to previous message
Chris Aniszczyk is currently offline Chris AniszczykFriend
Messages: 674
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
ekke wrote:
> thx for the pde.nocache ;-)
>
> yes, its the target platform
> rebuild the workspace - using the old 3.4 target platform all works well
> also tried pde-export with build-cycles allowed - works great
> ...but still some work to rebuild my target platform
> ...more work with all the 3.5M3 downloads then using RCP-packages ;-)
>
> will try it again later

Can you be more specific with the problem Ekke? I would like to know if
its PDE's fault somehow. It would be weird for PDE to cause an invalid
memory access. A full stack trace and dump would be appreciated in a bug
report.

Thanks!

Cheers,

~ Chris
Re: 3.5M3 crashes Invalid memory access of location [message #586032 is a reply to message #34901] Thu, 27 November 2008 19:15 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: ekkehard.gentz-software.de

Chris Aniszczyk schrieb:
> ekke wrote:
>> thx for the pde.nocache ;-)
>>
>> yes, its the target platform
>> rebuild the workspace - using the old 3.4 target platform all works well
>> also tried pde-export with build-cycles allowed - works great
>> ...but still some work to rebuild my target platform
>> ...more work with all the 3.5M3 downloads then using RCP-packages ;-)
>>
>> will try it again later
>
> Can you be more specific with the problem Ekke? I would like to know if
> its PDE's fault somehow. It would be weird for PDE to cause an invalid
> memory access. A full stack trace and dump would be appreciated in a bug
> report.
>
I'll try to figure it out and report

ekke
> Thanks!
>
> Cheers,
>
> ~ Chris
Re: 3.5M3 crashes Invalid memory access of location [message #586050 is a reply to message #34901] Thu, 27 November 2008 19:19 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: ekkehard.gentz-software.de

Chris Aniszczyk schrieb:
> ekke wrote:
>> thx for the pde.nocache ;-)
>>
>> yes, its the target platform
>> rebuild the workspace - using the old 3.4 target platform all works well
>> also tried pde-export with build-cycles allowed - works great
>> ...but still some work to rebuild my target platform
>> ...more work with all the 3.5M3 downloads then using RCP-packages ;-)
>>
>> will try it again later
>
> Can you be more specific with the problem Ekke? I would like to know if
> its PDE's fault somehow. It would be weird for PDE to cause an invalid
> memory access. A full stack trace and dump would be appreciated in a bug
> report.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Cheers,
>
> ~ Chris
Chris,

if a target platform is wrong - is there a way to start the workspace
again with the IDE as self-hosting target platform ?
something like ignoreTargetPlatform or useSelfHostingTargetPlatform
or have I to delete some thing from the configuration, so the IDE
forgots that there was a targetplatform applied ?

would be helpful while testing and searching the reason

thx again

ekke
Previous Topic:Re: 3.5M3 crashes Invalid memory access of location
Next Topic:ClassNotFoundException with classes inside jre/lib/ext
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Jul 25 07:17:24 GMT 2021

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02767 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top