Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » How to synchronize all projects, like with Subclipse (SVN) ?
How to synchronize all projects, like with Subclipse (SVN) ? [message #1859044] Mon, 08 May 2023 12:25 Go to next message
David  Balažic is currently offline David BalažicFriend
I have several (Java) projects loaded in Eclipse, from the same git repo (all from same folder).

How can I get a sync view of them all in the "Team Synchronization" perspective (the "Synchronize" view, to be precise)?

With SVN (using the Subclipse plugin), I would click the Synchronize... item in the "Synchronize" view, then in the dialog click SVN, Next, "Select All" or "Workspace" and Finish.

With egit I can get the sync view for a single project by right clicking it in "Project Explorer" and selecting Compare With / HEAD revision.
This also works by selecting more projects at once.

But is there a single click version? To show it for all projects?

Also, what if I have projects from different git working trees? Then the above "trick" does not work. If I select a project from one working tree, and one from another, the Compare With / HEAD revision menu item is not present.
Re: How to synchronize all projects, like with Subclipse (SVN) ? [message #1859045 is a reply to message #1859044] Mon, 08 May 2023 13:20 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
I don't use neither SVN nor the Synchronize View myself.
I am not sure what you want to achieve, maybe you can explain in git terms what you are looking for ?

Maybe this
https://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/User_Guide#Comparing_with_Branches_.28Synchronize.29 ?
helps ?

JGit and EGit don't yet support multiple working trees, there are some changes in review [1],
but AFAICS nobody is actively working on that.

[1] https://git.eclipse.org/r/q/topic:worktree
Previous Topic:planns for using jakarta EE 10
Next Topic:JGit does not delete temporary files created buy itself automatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:59:44 GMT 2024