Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » MTL query result don't match when tested in Sirius Interpreter(The mtl query used in the Sirius Project displayed some weird bugs/behavior)
MTL query result don't match when tested in Sirius Interpreter [message #1858599] Mon, 10 April 2023 23:12 Go to next message
Qalbun Salim is currently offline Qalbun SalimFriend
Hi, I'm trying to extend an IFML Editor Project based on https://github.com/ifml/ifml-editor by adding new components. However, it has a weird behavior when I clone the github repo and try to run the sirius plugin project (IFMLEditorDesign) in my Eclipse Modeling Tools. In the src/templates/helper.mtl file at IFMLEditorDesign project, it has this mtl query that is used in the .odesign file:
index.php/fa/43106/0/

I test this query by using the Sirius Interpreter window like this
index.php/fa/43107/0/
The query returned false, but when I use it like this:
index.php/fa/43108/0/
It returns true! I think both of them should return true since it is really a ViewComponent.

There is also another weird behavior that I have encountered. I don't know if it is related, but I cannot access the attributes of the ViewContainer Diagram in the Sirius Interpreter.
index.php/fa/43109/0/
The metamodel definition in the .ecore file is like this:
index.php/fa/43110/0/
This is also the reason why the ViewContainer label is displayed as invalid in the diagram because it used one of the queries in the helper.mtl file:
[query public getViewContainerLabel(vc : ViewContainer) : String = 
		if (vc.isLandmark and vc.isDefault and not vc.isXOR) 
		then '[L][D]'
		else 
			if(vc.isLandmark and not vc.isDefault and not vc.isXOR)
			then '[L]'
			else
				if(not vc.isLandmark and vc.isDefault and not vc.isXOR)
				then '[D]'
				else 
					if(vc.isLandmark and not vc.isDefault and vc.isXOR)
					then '[L][XOR]'
					else
						if(not vc.isLandmark and vc.isDefault and vc.isXOR)
						then '[D][XOR]'
						else
							if(vc.isLandmark and vc.isDefault and vc.isXOR)
							then '[L][D][XOR]'
							else
								if(not vc.isLandmark and not vc.isDefault and vc.isXOR)
								then '[XOR]'
								else
									''
								endif
							endif
						endif
					endif
				endif
			endif
		endif
/]

Am I doing something wrong? I haven't made any changes to the original project yet. These bugs appear when I try to run the project after cloning it from GitHub.

Thanks in advance
Re: MTL query result don't match when tested in Sirius Interpreter [message #1858918 is a reply to message #1858599] Mon, 01 May 2023 12:33 Go to previous message
Qalbun Salim is currently offline Qalbun SalimFriend
Firstly, I'm really grateful and want to say thanks to everyone who has read this post. Just want to make sure, Is there anything that I can clarify or is there a statement that is particularly confusing about my above question? or do I post in the wrong newsgroup? Sorry for my inexperience as this is the first time I'm posting to Eclipse Forums. Any feedback would be very appreciated, thanks :)
Previous Topic:Sirius Desktop: Direct Edit Label on Linux
Next Topic:Saving AQL queries for use in Sirius model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:05:10 GMT 2024