Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » How to open big projects containing multiple projects
How to open big projects containing multiple projects [message #1858255] Fri, 24 March 2023 19:17 Go to next message
Hossain Cyrus is currently offline Hossain CyrusFriend
I am trying to open repos containing book sample codes like this ( https://github.com/Apress/pivotal-certified-pro-spring-dev-exam-02 ) but not getting the desired view in the package explorer.

For example the cloned repo of the mentioned link and getting a package explorer view like following which is clearly not helpful. I am attaching a sample of the view i am referring in files.

The ide is not apparently considering the folders as separate projects despite having a gradle file inside each of them.

Is it happening for missing any option in open projects dialog? I have checked the options "Search for nested projects" and "Detect and configure project natures".

Any pointer would be much appreciated.
Re: How to open big projects containing multiple projects [message #1858262 is a reply to message #1858255] Sat, 25 March 2023 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
Could you explain a little of what you are expecting to see. Looking at the jpg you attached, the package explorer view is pretty much what I would expect to see when opening up a group of projects packaged together.
Re: How to open big projects containing multiple projects [message #1858314 is a reply to message #1858262] Tue, 28 March 2023 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hossain Cyrus is currently offline Hossain CyrusFriend
The folder I opened and attached a screenshot of package explorer contains multiple folders each of which is a separate project. So I was expecting the project explorer would show each folder as a separate project.

I am attaching an screenshot which has the package explorer view of a single project.

Re: How to open big projects containing multiple projects [message #1858321 is a reply to message #1858314] Tue, 28 March 2023 23:38 Go to previous message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
Your original post indicated that you selected search for nested projects, This will pull in all projects it can find. I'm not familiar with gradle projects, but when importing maven projects, you are given a dialog of nested projects and can select which one you want to import. You also might be able to select the specific nested project folder for the starting point of searching for projects to import. This should only import the project from the sub folder location
Previous Topic:Unable to install addon on eclipse 2022-06
Next Topic:Java 20 Support for Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:52:09 GMT 2024