Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Any way to keep font preferences between workspaces?
Any way to keep font preferences between workspaces? [message #1858073] Tue, 14 March 2023 17:51 Go to next message
David Carpeneto is currently offline David CarpenetoFriend
Every time I create a new workspace in Eclipse the 'Text Font' (preferences -> general -> appearance -> colors and fonts) gets reset to 'Courier New 10'.

Changing this to my preferred font every time isn't the end of the world, but: is there a way I can avoid having to do this? The workflow I follow requires me t greate a new Eclipse workspace a few times a week.
Re: Any way to keep font preferences between workspaces? [message #1858075 is a reply to message #1858073] Tue, 14 March 2023 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erik BrangsFriend
I think there is support for configuration of all workspaces in Oomph. You can find it under Preferences -> Oomph. There is also a welcome questionnaire under Oomph -> Setup Tasks. I'm currently not using Oomph so I can't tell you more.
Re: Any way to keep font preferences between workspaces? [message #1858080 is a reply to message #1858075] Wed, 15 March 2023 06:19 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
You can even record preference changes (with Oomph). Use the tool button at the bottom (second from the right) of the preference page to enable the recorder when you change any preference. They are recorded in your user.setup which you can inspect using Navigate -> Open Setup -> User. In that editor you can also "Capture Preferences" via the toolbar button when that editor is open. Type "font" to filter the very, very large list of preferences to copy them into your user.setup which will apply those preference to every workspace you open with every Eclipse installation on your machine.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Make program search file in Java
Next Topic:IOException in Java
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:31:59 GMT 2024