Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Set up session via jump box(IBM Developer )
Set up session via jump box [message #1857499] Fri, 10 February 2023 13:37 Go to next message
Gavin Byrne is currently offline Gavin ByrneFriend
I am trying to migrate my company's development to eclipse and have downloaded a version of IBM developer for Z/OS from IBM to develop on mainframe. I also develop on a Hadoop cluster which I access via a jump box. I can access my local windows directories and when I "remote systems connect" to the Redhat jumpbox I can navigate the directories in my session. The problem is this jumpbox is not where I want to do development and is just used to by pass the firewall. I want to set up a session on the machine behind the firewall via the jumpbox if this is possible

The steps I take to access a machine on the cluster behind the firewall are -

1. (Using Putty) SSH from windows machine to redhat machine via ssh command -
ssh user@jumpbox
I am then prompted for my password
2. SSH from jump box to remote machine -
ssh hadoop_machine 
. This is done without password input as ssh keys are all set up

I tried using the remote systems explorer and the only option I can see that is potentially related was the "Configure proxy settings" option in the "Remote ssh system connection" menu but this does not give an option to set up another SSH connection.

Is it possible to set up a session this way? Do I need any plugins or are there some standard menu options. I spoke with IBM and they mentioned it looks more like an eclipse issue

Re: Set up session via jump box [message #1857513 is a reply to message #1857499] Sun, 12 February 2023 06:54 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently online Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Less an issue, I think, than a feature that's not implemented. OpenSSH offers a -J command line option to directly support
the use of Jump Hosts, but I think that notion might be a bit newer than RSE. I think the project would welcome a
contribution to support it, though: https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/tools.tm

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Sun, 12 February 2023 07:07]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How can we configure RCPTT to work at other ports instead 4001?
Next Topic:Eclipse Download
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:23:11 GMT 2024