Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Possible to commit on multiple repo at the same time ?
Possible to commit on multiple repo at the same time ? [message #1857316] Mon, 30 January 2023 10:06 Go to next message
Clément Honoré is currently offline Clément HonoréFriend
Hi,

I'm working on a project with hundreds of repo and working on a feature frequently needs to make changes on many repo.

I'm wondering if it's possible to commit on different repo in one time. From the synchronize view we can sync many repo, but We steel need to commit and push one at a time. It would be great to commit on each with only one command with the same commit message.

Don't tell me that I'll need to switch to IntelliJ just for this feature ! :p

Re: Possible to commit on multiple repo at the same time ? [message #1857336 is a reply to message #1857316] Tue, 31 January 2023 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
I suppose if I had to do this, it would be straightforward to implement this in a shell script, depending on where the list of repositories would come from.
Re: Possible to commit on multiple repo at the same time ? [message #1857344 is a reply to message #1857336] Wed, 01 February 2023 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clément Honoré is currently offline Clément HonoréFriend
Hi,

thanks for your answer. Yes it's an alternative but it's not as convenient as having this possibility directly into the IDE.

As external tool there is also Google repo : https://gerrit.googlesource.com/git-repo

Regards
Re: Possible to commit on multiple repo at the same time ? [message #1857549 is a reply to message #1857344] Tue, 14 February 2023 22:51 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
That's not implemented. If this is important for you may consider to contribute an implementation.
See https://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/Contributor_Guide
Previous Topic:git compare shows "no changes in git"
Next Topic:JGit missing parents in Git Log
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:01:41 GMT 2024