Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Windows 11 and Eclipse install(Need to uninstall old version 2022-03 to latest version)
Windows 11 and Eclipse install [message #1857109] Wed, 18 January 2023 00:51 Go to next message
George Bingham II is currently offline George Bingham IIFriend
My Eclipse is not working properly. I am getting an error message on my console that :

Error occurred during initialization of boot layer

java.lang.LayerInstantiationException: Package jdk.internal.jimage in both module jrt.fs and module java.base

I have reloaded the software to the latest version from the website and which is
Version: 2022-12 (4.26.0)

Build id: 20221201-1913

I am running windows 11 and on a Lenovo laptop. Here is the test program that I ran to see if it would run a simple program.
public class VendorChange {

public static void main(String[] args) {

// TODO Auto-generated method stub

System.out.println("Hello World !!!!");

}

}

Can you assist me with this problem?

Thank you,

George F. Bingham II
Re: Windows 11 and Eclipse install [message #1857112 is a reply to message #1857109] Wed, 18 January 2023 08:12 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
This doesn't sound like a problem with the IDE but rather a problem with your application or how you have configured the classpath/module path for launcher. Google "java.lang.LayerInstantiationException: Package jdk.internal.jimage in both module jrt.fs and module java.base" and you'll find others how have this problem, e.g.,

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52426395/error-occurred-during-initialization-of-boot-layer-eclipse-java

If you have a module-info.java, you might try to delete it.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Java 17 Support Eclipse 2021-09-421 From Marketplace
Next Topic:Add an Eclipse Maven project to an existing Maven project.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:43:55 GMT 2024