Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Ctrl + Shift + T doesn't work(Using ctrl shift T does't show the Open type window)
Ctrl + Shift + T doesn't work [message #1856546] Wed, 14 December 2022 17:37 Go to next message
Tullio Bettinazzi is currently offline Tullio BettinazziFriend
After upgrade to 2022-12 the key Ctrl + Shift + T doesn't open the Open Type window but ask the window the user want open.
How can I reset to the previous behaviour ?
Tks
Re: Ctrl + Shift + T doesn't work [message #1856548 is a reply to message #1856546] Wed, 14 December 2022 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
Can you show exactly what happens when you press that key? I'm not sure exactly what "ask the window the user want open" means.

The Eclipse log may show a binding conflict warning, which would provide useful information.

You can go to the Eclipse preferences and the "Keys" section to explore key bindings. You can do various things here. You can enter "Open Type" in the filter and see what key, if any, "Open Type" is bound to. You can click on the "Binding" column to sort the entries by that value, and page down until you find "Ctrl+Shift+T" to see what that key is bound to.

I would do all of that before you attempt to make any changes. If possible, you'll want to understand why the binding suddenly changed. It is likely due to a plugin that you've installed.

Once you have all that information, you can edit the bindings in that same "Keys" table. You can edit the binding that "Ctrl+Shift+T" is bound to, and unbind it, and then go to the "Open Type" command and bind that to that key sequence.
Re: Ctrl + Shift + T doesn't work [message #1856590 is a reply to message #1856548] Fri, 16 December 2022 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In the right lower corner i appears a small popup window asking which kind of window open (Go to symbol in workspace / Open type) and then I'm forced to choose every time.
I upgraded to 2022-12 from 2022-09 and I didn't apply any new plugin.
In 2022-09 it worked as usual.
The strange is that, looking at the Keys definitions, two actions are bound to Ctrl+Shift+T in 2022-12 but also in 2022-09 where it worked fine.
Tks
Re: Ctrl + Shift + T doesn't work [message #1856604 is a reply to message #1856590] Fri, 16 December 2022 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This particular conflict was apparently noticed a long time ago: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=521629 .

The fix is simple. Unbind the "Go to symbol in workspace" command.
Re: Ctrl + Shift + T doesn't work [message #1856634 is a reply to message #1856604] Tue, 20 December 2022 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tks but in this way I should do it for every project.
Is there any way to do it once for all ?
I found, also, another problem whan I unbind Go to symbol in workspace also Open Type is unbound and I need to rebind it.
Tks
Re: Ctrl + Shift + T doesn't work [message #1856647 is a reply to message #1856634] Tue, 20 December 2022 18:49 Go to previous message
Any settings in the "Preferences" dialog are not specific to any project.

If you unbound one command, and that also unbound a different command, then I have no idea. I don't know what you did.
Previous Topic:Configure Java 17 in Eclipse IDE
Next Topic:Configuring inline problem markers to not display on errors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:47:18 GMT 2024