Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Generate YAML from XMI(When using epsilon, it is possible to convert from a YAML (flexmi) representation to XMI. Is the opposite also possible?)
Generate YAML from XMI [message #1856497] Tue, 13 December 2022 13:54 Go to next message
Raphael Trindade is currently offline Raphael TrindadeFriend
Dear community,

I have a question related to the transformation of flexmi models and wonder if you can help me you.

When using YAML as a representation for models it is possible to convert the YAML file into an XMI file and edit it further using the built in reflective editor for the model.

However, there is no linkage between both files (YAML and XMI). Is it possible to either: 1) link both files or 2) to transform the XMI file back to a YAML representation?

I am sure this can be done using EGL. What I wonder is if this functionality is already available either in flexmi or as another epsilon feature. I have unfortunately not found any references to such a possibility in my searches.

Thank you in advance!
Re: Generate YAML from XMI [message #1856498 is a reply to message #1856497] Tue, 13 December 2022 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Raphael,

Going from XMI to Flexmi is not possible because in the produced XMI we don't record the original Flexmi element/attribute names. For instance, with reference to the example in https://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/flexmi/, the produced XMI doesn't record the fact that the original Flexmi document used "dur" for "duration".

Thanks,
Dimitris
Re: Generate YAML from XMI [message #1856501 is a reply to message #1856498] Tue, 13 December 2022 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raphael Trindade is currently offline Raphael TrindadeFriend
Hi Dimitris,
thanks for the prompt response.

I assume this is due to the feature of fuzzy matching, is this correct?
Would there be a way to disable fuzzy matching?

Furthermore, does the following example (EOL updating a YAML file) also suffer from the same issues?

youtube.com/watch?v=TF0fgghP938&t=460s

I wonder if that is the case, since I assume that the EOL execution runs on the actual model (generated from the YAML content) and in this case fuzzy matching is also active, right?
Or is the EOL script running on the YAML metamodel, hence no issues with fuzzy matching?

Thanks and best regards
Raphael.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 December 2022 15:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Generate YAML from XMI [message #1856543 is a reply to message #1856501] Wed, 14 December 2022 13:42 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Raphael,

> I assume this is due to the feature of fuzzy matching, is this correct?

This is correct.

> Would there be a way to disable fuzzy matching?

Not really as this is a core feature of Flexmi. In any case, if Flexmi required precise name matching it would be as verbose as XMI.

> Furthermore, does the following example (EOL updating a YAML file) also suffer from the same issues?

This is an entirely different driver that operates on standalone YAML documents (that do not have an Ecore metamodel). Unfortunately, the YAML driver has not made it yet to the main development branch of Epsilon.

Thanks,
Dimitris
Previous Topic:Querying tool
Next Topic:Bug: Flock Ant Task discards ModelRepository
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:02:32 GMT 2024