Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Mouse up / down event not triggering on column header click or select(Mouse up / down event not triggering on column header click or select)
Mouse up / down event not triggering on column header click or select [message #1856063] Fri, 18 November 2022 04:56 Go to next message
DP SINGH is currently offline DP SINGHFriend
Hello ,

We upgraded our RAP version in our WAR file from 2.10 to 3.10 and deployed it on Jboss7. We have observed that :

1 - mouse events are not working on column header. What could be the reason behind that.

2- Combo box multiple character search stopped working . i.e. Instead of entering one character that takes you to the first instance of a word... if you enter two characters... you get the closer match

These features were working fine with RAP 2.10.

Please if anyone could help , that would be great.
Re: Mouse up / down event not triggering on column header click or select [message #1856090 is a reply to message #1856063] Mon, 21 November 2022 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello ,

I am not sure if mouseUp event support has been removed from column header of a table.?

mouseup event gets fired from rows of table.

Please suggest if anyone has encountered this issue.
Re: Mouse up / down event not triggering on column header click or select [message #1856111 is a reply to message #1856090] Tue, 22 November 2022 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian Habenicht is currently offline Sebastian HabenichtFriend
Hi,

just tested with the 2.x builds (I guess you meant 2.1.0, not 2.10). You are right, it seems that both functionalities are not working anymore with 2.3.0 (while they do with 2.2.0).

For the column header mouse events, you could use TableColumn#addSelectionListener intstead, which supports mouse clicks on the header.
For Combo box multiple character search you can try AutoCompleteField:
final Combo combo = new Combo(parent, SWT.DROP_DOWN);
combo.setItems(new String[] { "AAA", "AAB", "AAC", "ABB", "ABC" });
new AutoCompleteField(combo, new ComboContentAdapter(), combo.getItems());

Both work at least with 2.2.0.
Re: Mouse up / down event not triggering on column header click or select [message #1856128 is a reply to message #1856063] Tue, 22 November 2022 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Hi,

could you please use more recent RAP version like RAP 3.22? It the issue persists please open a GitHub issue with a small snippet to reproduce it. Which browser are you using? Chrome or Firefox?

Best regards,
Ivan
Re: Mouse up / down event not triggering on column header click or select [message #1856148 is a reply to message #1856111] Wed, 23 November 2022 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello ,
Thank you for your reply.
Yes , with the above code , I am able to generate SelectionEvent on column . Do you know how can we get x and y co-ordinates of Point.

with mouseUp(MouseEvent) , It gives x and y co-ordinate i.e.
Point pt = new Point ( pE.x , pE.y)

How can it be possible with widgetSelected(SelectionEvent e) ?

I will implement combox box changes that you suggested and will get back to you.
Re: Mouse up / down event not triggering on column header click or select [message #1856149 is a reply to message #1856128] Wed, 23 November 2022 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No , its not working on latest RAP version i.e. 3.23 neither in chrome nor in firefox
Re: Mouse up / down event not triggering on column header click or select [message #1856154 is a reply to message #1856149] Wed, 23 November 2022 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

please open a GitHub issue and provide a snippet to reproduce it.

Regards,
Ivan
Re: Mouse up / down event not triggering on column header click or select [message #1856156 is a reply to message #1856149] Wed, 23 November 2022 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
... follow up. Just checked how SWT behaves on Windows. The mouse events are NOT triggered in Table/Tree header. This change has been introduced here:

https://git.eclipse.org/r/c/rap/org.eclipse.rap/+/22050/

Best regards,
Ivan
Re: Mouse up / down event not triggering on column header click or select [message #1856165 is a reply to message #1856156] Thu, 24 November 2022 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Ivan !!

So from 2.3.M2 , they have made this changes .
Re: Mouse up / down event not triggering on column header click or select [message #1856592 is a reply to message #1856063] Fri, 16 December 2022 11:43 Go to previous message
Nick Irwin is currently offline Nick IrwinFriend
Getting this exact problem with mouse events. I tried updating the RAP version but still having the same issue.

DP SINGH wrote on Fri, 18 November 2022 04:56
Hello ,

We upgraded our RAP version in our WAR file from 2.10 to 3.10 and deployed it on Jboss7. We have observed that :

1 - mouse events are not working on column header but working on the cps test. What could be the reason behind that.

2- Combo box multiple character search stopped working . i.e. Instead of entering one character that takes you to the first instance of a word... if you enter two characters... you get the closer match

These features were working fine with RAP 2.10.

Please if anyone could help , that would be great.

Previous Topic:RAP client error when disposing controls very early
Next Topic:deadlock in ServerPushManager (RAP 3.20) ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 16:28:07 GMT 2024