Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Xcore validation fails in Maven Release Build
Xcore validation fails in Maven Release Build [message #1856007] Tue, 15 November 2022 10:50 Go to next message
Nis Wechselberg is currently offline Nis WechselbergFriend
Hi,

not sure if this is an EMF/Xcore issue or a Xtend/Xtext issue, but I give it a try here:

I have a model defined in Xcore, that references an Enum that is defined in the same package.

In Eclipse the connection seems to work fine and my local Maven/Tycho-Build works fine. The regular Build also works fine on our central Jenkins CI Build.
But there is a problem when I try to build a release through maven-release-plugin.
It works, when I try the release from my local windows machine, but it fails when I try to run it in Jenkins Build.
09:51:49  [INFO] [INFO] Validate and generate.
09:51:53  [INFO] [INFO] Validating: 'TelegramModel.xcore'
09:51:53  [INFO] [ERROR] ERROR:The method or field EiSiDialogSubvariant is undefined (file:/home/jenkins/workspace/iUZ_Release_Docker/src/java/iuz/target/checkout/src/java/iuz/bundles/de.scheidtbachmann.iuz.model.zsb2000.cantelegrams/model/TelegramModel.xcore line : 2013 column : 248)
09:51:53  [INFO] [ERROR] ERROR:The method or field name is undefined for the type Object (file:/home/jenkins/workspace/iUZ_Release_Docker/src/java/iuz/target/checkout/src/java/iuz/bundles/de.scheidtbachmann.iuz.model.zsb2000.cantelegrams/model/TelegramModel.xcore line : 2013 column : 295)

I have no idea what is broken. Any help possible?
Re: Xcore validation fails in Maven Release Build [message #1856009 is a reply to message #1856007] Tue, 15 November 2022 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
The EMF project does not provide any maven plugins for building Xcore. Those come from Xtext so best to ask there.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Xcore validation fails in Maven Release Build [message #1856042 is a reply to message #1856009] Wed, 16 November 2022 17:16 Go to previous message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
to me this looks like a java or asm version problem
can you check the plugins classpath by running build with -X
and then compare this one with the snapshot build

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de

[Updated on: Wed, 16 November 2022 17:17]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Memory disposal during unload()
Next Topic:[CDO] net4j reconnect session timeout exception, no reconnect
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:59:51 GMT 2024