Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Understaning where java*.* imported packages(Target Platform uses JRE and org.elipse.osgi and some missing)
Understaning where java*.* imported packages [message #1855859] Tue, 08 November 2022 01:01 Go to next message
Chris Lake is currently offline Chris LakeFriend
I am trying to understand how the Target Platform works out where to get the java*.* Import-Packages.

We have a number of third-party libraries as part of our RCP plugin based product. These libraries are using Import-Package to import java.* packages but the Target Platform cannot find some of them.

Also, it apeears to sometimes find the packages in the JRE and other times in the "org.eclipse.osgi" bundle. For example:

index.php/fa/42676/0/

Furthermore, even if the target finds them, it seems the Product launch can fail as part of the validation, example:

index.php/fa/42678/0/

Can anyone tell me what's happening? Or provide info on how I can find out what is going on? I am currently attempting to cut my environment right down to see if there is an odd plugin messing things up, but any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

[Updated on: Tue, 08 November 2022 01:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Understaning where java*.* imported packages [message #1855860 is a reply to message #1855859] Tue, 08 November 2022 03:27 Go to previous message
Chris Lake is currently offline Chris LakeFriend
Follow up:

The missing package is caused by the MANIFEST.MF entry "Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.6" in the logback-core-1.4.4.jar. I manually modified this to "Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-17" which resolves the problem. One problem solved.
Previous Topic:Building a plug-in from Eclipse SDK
Next Topic:How to use packages with different versions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 16:42:04 GMT 2024