Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Installation FORTE on NXP (Debian)
Installation FORTE on NXP (Debian) [message #1855287] Thu, 06 October 2022 11:07 Go to next message
Antony Kruhliashou is currently offline Antony KruhliashouFriend
Hello! I am have MCU MCIMX6Y2CVM08AB on VisionCB-STD board. I installed the Debin prepared by the manufacturer. Communication with the microprocessor occurs via USB cable and console (PuTTY).

I want to install FORTE on my MCU. Is it possible? What should I do?
Re: Installation FORTE on NXP (Debian) [message #1855296 is a reply to message #1855287] Thu, 06 October 2022 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

in general form what I see it should be possible. But you would need external RAM and Flash for the MCU. To run 4diac FORTE on this MCU you would need some kind of operating system (e.g., freeRTOS). Are there packages available for this MCU from nxp? I assume you have some µcontroller experience, am I right?

Cheers,
Alois
Re: Installation FORTE on NXP (Debian) [message #1855309 is a reply to message #1855296] Fri, 07 October 2022 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antony Kruhliashou is currently offline Antony KruhliashouFriend
Sorry, I made a mistake. Of course this MPU (NXP). So, i am have MPU with OS Debian.

P.s. I became interested. If we're talking about MCU. How many RAM and Flash it requires?
Re: Installation FORTE on NXP (Debian) [message #1855310 is a reply to message #1855309] Fri, 07 October 2022 06:34 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

If you have Linux 4diac FORTE should work out of the box. If the versions match you could even try our precompiled arm version.

I haven't measured the Flash and RAM requirements recently and it also depends a bit on the OS but with 1Meg of both you get very far.
Previous Topic:Read and Write OPC UA variables on a remote Siemens S7 PLC server
Next Topic:SUBSCRIBE FB connection problem with OPC UA Ignition server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:04:20 GMT 2024