Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » code-to-diagram(is there an automated way to product an object/class definition from an existing source file)
code-to-diagram [message #1855221] Sun, 02 October 2022 22:58 Go to next message
Sam Warner is currently offline Sam WarnerFriend
Hi,
quite often when I am starting a new project I find that I am spending time diagraming the interfaces to APIs of existing products. I am curious, is there an automated feature within Papyrus that I am utilizing?
Re: code-to-diagram [message #1855243 is a reply to message #1855221] Mon, 03 October 2022 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam Warner is currently offline Sam WarnerFriend
Perhaps I should refine the question to be C++ class definition to a Papyrus UML class. The instructions exist for Java, which aren't particularly useful for the project effort I am on, as everything is in C/C++/Go.

I gather from the silence none exist, though I am eager to hear of some options to import a C++/h++ into a Papyrus UML Class.

ps,
These instructions seem to be needing to be updated. Probably should point to https://wiki.eclipse.org/Papyrus_Software_Designer ..

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1084034/

[Updated on: Tue, 04 October 2022 00:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: code-to-diagram [message #1855297 is a reply to message #1855243] Thu, 06 October 2022 14:23 Go to previous message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
Hi,

there is a reverse engineering mechanism from C++ to UML (part of Papyrus SW designer, as you already discovered since you suggest referencing its wiki page)

Papyrus SW designer supports the batch reverse of a full project tree into a UML model. A precondition is that this project is an Eclipse CDT project which is already indexed, as the UML model creation is based on the internal CDT model and an AST (for details). The package structure is based on C++ namespaces, all structural relationships are supported.
Please note that there is a larger ongoing re-factoring and improvement of this reverse mechanism in the context of bug 580167.

Please also keep in mind, that the reverse process creates a semantic model, it does not automatically create a diagram. However, there are some options in Papyrus to ease the diagram creation, notably the automatic synchronization between diagram elements and the semantic model.
Previous Topic:Other editor to use for debugging diagram issues
Next Topic:Scientific contribution to refer to for Papyrus and Moka
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:32:42 GMT 2024