Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse IDE throws errors on JSX script(Errors thrown on ReactJS script in JSX in Eclipse when using Web Project)
Eclipse IDE throws errors on JSX script [message #1855111] Wed, 28 September 2022 22:17 Go to next message
Phillip Powell is currently offline Phillip PowellFriend
I am creating a small web project in Eclipse using Java with Spring Framework. The apps work just fine, however, my front-end ReactJS scripts throw errors in Eclipse whenever JSX is used instead of the traditional Javascript format. The errors don't impede in functionality either within Eclipse nor in the browser, but they are annoying.

I have tried refreshing the project, cleaning the project, rebuilding the project, and closing and reopening Eclipse, all to no avail.

I keep getting "Missing semicolon" and other errors. I am also unable to alter the Javascript Validator to turn off all error handling for Javascript for my web project.

Has anyone else ever run into this? Any ideas as to what to do?

Thanks
Re: Eclipse IDE throws errors on JSX script [message #1855112 is a reply to message #1855111] Wed, 28 September 2022 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

The JavaScript Editor and Validator have never supported JSX, but the editor is not in current releases. In which editor are you opening your files?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Wed, 28 September 2022 23:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse IDE throws errors on JSX script [message #1855128 is a reply to message #1855111] Thu, 29 September 2022 11:17 Go to previous message
Hugo  de Oude is currently offline Hugo de OudeFriend
We have exactly the same problem.
This is the IDE version we are using:

Eclipse IDE for Enterprise Java and Web Developers (includes Incubating components)

Version: 2022-06 (4.24.0)
Build id: 20220609-1112

Which plugin is needed in Eclipse to make sure that these java script files are compiled without errors?

Previous Topic:Debugging javascript, html with Firefox Developer Edition
Next Topic:Wildfly Management API
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:03:32 GMT 2024