Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » gcc compiler and jtag device
gcc compiler and jtag device [message #1854722] Sun, 04 September 2022 13:02 Go to next message
Carson Mayert is currently offline Carson MayertFriend
Hello,

Does anyone have experience with arm gcc compiler in eclipse cdt and JTAG Debugger?
I tried to compile a C-Testprogram with the Keil development environment and to debug with my SAM-ICE JTAG Debugger and it works fine.
Then I installed the Keil µvision under Eclipse and it works also.

Now I have a program what is compiled with gcc. I got an .elf file (in Keil I got a .axf file, I don't know whats the difference) and I want to debug this file, but it is not possible. The following problems I have now:
- Sometimes it comes the error "No Source available "", View Disassembly!"
- When the first problem not come, the debugger goes to the breakpoint but it is not possible to step through the program.

I think the problem is the format of the .elf file, I tried different formats (dwarf, gdb,...) but that does not help.
Which configuration of the gcc compiler is necessary that I can debug the executable file?

Thanks,
Re: gcc compiler and jtag device [message #1854723 is a reply to message #1854722] Sun, 04 September 2022 18:25 Go to previous message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
CDT cross-compilation is prepared to use JTAG with OpenOCD or Segger J-Link. Check if your JTAG adapter and target processor are compatible.

I'm using OpenOCD with many Cortex-M processors and ARM7TDMI.

--

Tauno Voipio
Previous Topic:Custom Register View
Next Topic:CodeAnalyzer errors - c++17 - tuple and structured bindings
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:20:58 GMT 2024