Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » [SOLVED] Problem while installing ROS module on FORTE(I follow the ROS module documentation and a error appear when I run "make")
[SOLVED] Problem while installing ROS module on FORTE [message #1854228] Mon, 08 August 2022 14:01 Go to next message
Damien Snow is currently offline Damien SnowFriend
Hello,

I followed this doc: https://www.eclipse.org/4diac/documentation/html/communication/ros.html to use ros topic communication with 4diac but I got an error.

At step 4 (run make in build directory), I got the error: error: cannot use 'typeid' with '-fno-rtti'

I think the problem come from step 3 because when I exec cmake-gui , there is FORTE_RTTI_AND_EXCEPTIONS variable to set on True. I tried to create the variable and to run config and generate but the variable disappear every time.

Do you have a solution for this problem?

Thank you in advance!
Damien

PS: The "basic" configuration is working (https://www.eclipse.org/4diac/en_help.php?helppage=html/installation/install.html#4DIAC-FORTE) and the error appear when I add FORTE_COM_ROS=True and FORTE_MODULE_ROS=True .
PPS: I am under Ubuntu 20.04 and I use ROS noetic

[Updated on: Wed, 10 August 2022 07:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem while installing ROS module on FORTE [message #1854231 is a reply to message #1854228] Mon, 08 August 2022 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

the FORTE_RTTI_AND_EXCEPTIONS config variable is provided by the CMake config files when the architecture posix (which you need for ROS) is activated. However this option is marked as advanced option. Cmake GUI per default hides this option. You need to tick the advanced check box in CMale GUI.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Alois

PS: please note the ROS module has not been maintained for a longer time so it could be that you have to update some of the code there.
Re: Problem while installing ROS module on FORTE [message #1854250 is a reply to message #1854231] Tue, 09 August 2022 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for this answer! I completely forgot to look in the advanced variable and, you were right, it solved the problem.

Now I got a new error about the reapp_msgs repository that is missing. I think this message is available on ROS Indigo but not on ROS Noetic so I will may be have to modify this part.

I just have a last question, Is the MQTT com module maintained? If I got too much trouble with the ROS module, I will try to use the MQTT one instead!

Thank again,
Damien
Re: Problem while installing ROS module on FORTE [message #1854267 is a reply to message #1854250] Tue, 09 August 2022 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Yes MQTT is actively maintained and used by many. We also have a patch in the making that will allow you to connect to more then one broker. Will hopefully come soon.
Re: Problem while installing ROS module on FORTE [message #1854278 is a reply to message #1854267] Wed, 10 August 2022 07:44 Go to previous message
Thank you for this answer! I will have a look on this module.
Previous Topic:4DIAC Forte for Siemens device
Next Topic:Over the air Updated via 4Diac IDE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:34:48 GMT 2024