Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse EMF Cloud » Model Server 0.8.0.I20220728 Breaking Changes
Model Server 0.8.0.I20220728 Breaking Changes [message #1854030] Thu, 28 July 2022 14:04
Christian Damus is currently offline Christian DamusFriend

Hi,

Today's integration build 0.8.0.I20220728 of the EMF.Cloud Model Server includes an API-breaking change in the customization of codecs.

Previously, custom codecs, or overrides of stock codecs for formats such as json or json-v2, were registered in your Guice module in a map binding of String to Codec. This was not flexible enough to account for variability in the mapping of different EMF models maintained in the same server to the same "format".

To address this, the server framework has replaced the map binding with a multi-binding of CodecProvider. Codec providers are consulted to obtain a codec for some format in the context of a specific model URI, so that providers can offer different codec implementations for the same format name in different models.

For more details, please refer to Issue 230 Support for multiple modules and PR 231 Improve Codec handling for multi module use.

Cheers,
Christian
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:14:40 GMT 2024