Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Problems with adding new child during the creation of a model instance(Creation of a model instance starting from metamodel)
Problems with adding new child during the creation of a model instance [message #1854009] Wed, 27 July 2022 15:49 Go to next message
Federico Paolone is currently offline Federico PaoloneFriend
Hi, I'm new to Eclipse.
I have to do a model to model transformation. I have generated the metamodels starting from the UML diagrams, of the source and the target. During the creation of the metamodels if i don't ignore all the options the creation fails. So i have setted "ignore all", Nevertheless after the creation of the metamodels both the .genmodel files has many problems.
I want to generate the model starting from the .ecore file of the source metamodel, so I right click on the root class and after i click "create dynamic instance". The root instance is created. Now I need to add a new child at the root instance, but right clicking on the created instance the "new child" option does not appear.
I am attaching the image related to the attempt to add a new child, as you can see the "add child" option does not appear.

Anyone can help me?
thanks
Re: Problems with adding new child during the creation of a model instance [message #1854010 is a reply to message #1854009] Wed, 27 July 2022 15:54 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Questions specifically about importing from UML2 should be asked on the UML2 forum:

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=117

Keep in mind that no one can guess details about the structure of your model. If the object's class does not have any containment references then you cannot create children...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:[CDO] Offline Master/Clone example throws NPE
Next Topic:[CDO] Performance issues while migrating to java 11 ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:14:33 GMT 2024