Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Question about event management in forte(How are events between function blocks managed and delivered?)
Question about event management in forte [message #1851998] Mon, 25 April 2022 13:05 Go to next message
K Y is currently offline K YFriend
Hi, 4diac team,

In the daily use of forte, I have some questions about how events are transferred and managed between function blocks? I read a lot of information and papers about IEC 61499. For a single function block, an event is actually an input with a value of 0 or 1. In the source code of forte, it may be "pa_nEIID".

However, how to realize the interaction of event flow between different function blocks, and the management and transmission of such events has always bothered me. I have seen the concepts of management model and event dispatcher in many places, but I haven't found the corresponding part in forte. Can you help me answer the relevant questions? Thank you.

Best wishes!
Re: Question about event management in forte [message #1852010 is a reply to message #1851998] Mon, 25 April 2022 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

first of all an event is never a boolean. It is a trigger that an event occurred.

There are many different ways of implementing IEC 61499 runtimes. 4diac FORTE follows the approach described in the book "Real-time execution for IEC 61499" or my INDIN 2007 papers. The core class for managing the events is the EventChainExecutionThread.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Alois
Re: Question about event management in forte [message #1852022 is a reply to message #1852010] Tue, 26 April 2022 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,Alois

Thank you for your answer, which is very important to me. I need to study the relevant contents of "event" again. Thank 4diac for providing such an experimental platform.

With regard to the "event flow", I hope to realize the trace variable and its associated events over a period of time, and better understand how "events" occur and manage when interacting between different function blocks.

Thanks!
Re: Question about event management in forte [message #1852024 is a reply to message #1852022] Tue, 26 April 2022 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

happy to help.

Quote:
With regard to the "event flow", I hope to realize the trace variable and its associated events over a period of time, and better understand how "events" occur and manage when interacting between different function blocks.

This sounds very interesting. Would be interested to hear more about that when you have some results.

Cheers,
Alois
Re: Question about event management in forte [message #1852026 is a reply to message #1852024] Tue, 26 April 2022 09:42 Go to previous message
Hi,Alois

If there is progress, I will share the problems in the forum in time

Thanks!
Previous Topic:ID fields of the SUBSCRIBE/PUBLISH function blocks
Next Topic:4Diac Forte and Bacnet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:51:38 GMT 2024