Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Help on Palette Customization
Help on Palette Customization [message #1851109] Mon, 28 March 2022 09:09 Go to next message
Alberto Debiasi is currently offline Alberto DebiasiFriend
Hello everybody,

I'm following the tutorial "Customizing a (Class) diagram's palette from a profile" , but I'm facing some issues.

First of all, is is mandatory to have the sources of the Papyrus plugins "org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.diagram.clazz" and "org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.service.types"?

I'm trying to add to the palette a stereotyped transition but I receive the following error:
org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.core.services.ServiceException: No IElementType bound to Papyrus shared client context for Configured Specialization Type: Prio_Transition_Edge [Prio_Transition_Edge].

Probably I missed some steps in the tutorial.

I also tried using an alternative solution not mentioned in the tutorial, i.e. using the action "Set stereotypes to apply" in the "Action" tab of the "Edit palette" wizard, but the exception is the same.

Do you have any ideas?

Many thanks,
Alberto
Re: Help on Palette Customization [message #1851154 is a reply to message #1851109] Tue, 29 March 2022 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I decided to follow exactly the steps of the tutorial. So now I'm focusing on the class not on the transition.

I customized the palette with a stereotyped class, but when I drag that element into the diagram, the stereotype is not applied to the generated class.

No errors appear.
Do you know why this happens?

Additional information:
I've not yet customized the Architecture Framework. However, I suppose that the applying of the stereotype in the customized palette should work.

[Updated on: Tue, 29 March 2022 15:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help on Palette Customization [message #1851230 is a reply to message #1851154] Thu, 31 March 2022 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
Hi,
>I customized the palette with a stereotyped class, but when I drag that element into the diagram, the stereotype is not applied to the generated class.

When you drag, do you have applied the profile?
Do you use the good element type?
The Architecture allows to load element types. Have you activated the corresponding Architecture framework?
Patrick
Re: Help on Palette Customization [message #1851243 is a reply to message #1851230] Thu, 31 March 2022 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
When you drag, do you have applied the profile?

Yes, I applied the profile. I can manually apply the stereotype to the element.
Quote:
Do you use the good element type?

Probably yes, but I'm not sure.
Quote:
The Architecture allows to load element types. Have you activated the corresponding Architecture framework?

Before using the Architecture framework, I wanted to be sure that the previous steps were correct.
In principle, I can customize the palette without the Architecture framework, right?

Do you have the example that is used in the tutorial?
It would be useful to debug each step.
Re: Help on Palette Customization [message #1851423 is a reply to message #1851243] Tue, 05 April 2022 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm trying different approaches, but I've always the same problem.

For example, I've copied and modified the BlockDefinitionDiagram.paletteconfiguration (in org.eclipse.papyrus.sysml16.diagram.blockdefinition) adding two additional elements:
- TestProperty: a property stereotyped with the SysML stereotype "AdjunctProperty".
- ContractProperty: I copied the element TestProperty and modified its elementtypes to target to my stereotype "ContractProperty" (see the attached images).

When I drag and drop the TestProperty in the BDD diagram, the property is created with its stereotype (AdjunctProperty). But when I drag and drop the ContractProperty, the property is created without any stereotype.

Do you have any ideas why this happen?

The elementstypesconfigurations files look correct.
Re: Help on Palette Customization [message #1851861 is a reply to message #1851423] Wed, 20 April 2022 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello community!

I took some steps forward.

The simple profile I created contains:
- stereotype_A, applied to the uml class.
- stereotype_C, applied to the sysml Block.

Now I'm able to customize the palette for the UML Class Diagram, and the drag&drop of both elements works.

However, the drag&drop doesn't work in the SysML Block Definition Diagram (I tried also with the SysML IBD, same problem).
The elements in the palette appear, but the drag&drop doesn't apply the stereotypes of my profile, i.e. stereotype_A and stereotype_C.

See the attached screenshots and the plugin with the profile and the elementtypesconfigurations.

Do you have any ideas why this happen?

[Updated on: Wed, 20 April 2022 12:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help on Palette Customization [message #1851902 is a reply to message #1851861] Thu, 21 April 2022 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
Hi,
I don't understand why it does not run.
Let's proceed step by step:
First off, have you succeeded to validate semantic and graphical element type as explained in the help "Validating created ElementTypes" of "Customizing a (Class) diagram's palette from a profile"?
Patrick
Re: Help on Palette Customization [message #1851903 is a reply to message #1851902] Thu, 21 April 2022 12:10 Go to previous message
I solved the problem.

To create palette in Sysml Diagrams, the elementTypeSetConfiguration has to be org.eclipse.papyrus.sysml.architecture.SysML16 instead of org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.services.edit.TypeContext.
Previous Topic:build papyrus from source error and problem
Next Topic:Template methods and non-classtype template parameters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:42:36 GMT 2024