Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Titan » Formal parameter default value(Component variable as formal parameter default value)
Formal parameter default value [message #1850772] Wed, 16 March 2022 14:58 Go to next message
Miguel Angel  Reina Ortega is currently offline Miguel Angel Reina OrtegaFriend
Hi,

I am getting the following error when a component variable is used as default value for a formal parameter:

Error: default value cannot refer to a template field of the component in the `runs on' clause

I could not find anything in the standard forbidding this, or am I missing anything here?

Description:

function f_myFunction( in integer p_par := vc_componentVariable) runs on CompType return Integer {}

type component CompType {
var integer vc_componentVariable := 0;
}

Can you point me where the specs do not allow this? Or if allowed, could that be fixed?

Thanks!

Re: Formal parameter default value [message #1850790 is a reply to message #1850772] Thu, 17 March 2022 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lenard Nagy is currently offline Lenard NagyFriend
Hi,

We are checking it, will return to You ASAP.

Nagy Lénárd
Re: Formal parameter default value [message #1850795 is a reply to message #1850790] Thu, 17 March 2022 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lenard Nagy is currently offline Lenard NagyFriend
Hi,

It seems this is a change in the TTCN-3 standard which is still not supported by Titan.
I have created a GitLab issue https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipse/titan/titan.core/-/issues/587 to cover this topic.

We are handling this issue within the currently running rampup to the latest standard version project.

Regards,
Lenard Nagy
Re: Formal parameter default value [message #1850796 is a reply to message #1850795] Thu, 17 March 2022 09:16 Go to previous message
Miguel Angel  Reina Ortega is currently offline Miguel Angel Reina OrtegaFriend
Thanks so much for the quick answer!

Looking forward to a newer version.
Previous Topic:How to get the component name from PORT?
Next Topic:Checking syntax when having virtual folders as source
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:14:42 GMT 2024