Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » About ATL engine
About ATL engine [message #1850394] Tue, 01 March 2022 09:25 Go to next message
Yanhong Dong is currently offline Yanhong DongFriend
It reports this error when I put all the transformation content into the project. I don't know what the reason is, and I don't really understand the mistake. I hope you can help me analyze it if you can. Thank you. The error picture is attached
  • Attachment: error.png
    (Size: 118.55KB, Downloaded 125 times)
Re: About ATL engine [message #1850407 is a reply to message #1850394] Tue, 01 March 2022 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Wagelaar is currently offline Dennis WagelaarFriend

Your error happened when running EMFTVM within Eclipse, but it cannot find the "org.eclipse.m2m.atl.emftvm.modelfactory" extension point. It's as if the "org.eclipse.m2m.atl.emftvm" plug-in is not properly installed in Eclipse.

Cheers,
Dennis
Re: About ATL engine [message #1850519 is a reply to message #1850407] Mon, 07 March 2022 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What are the reasons for this? I have imported the JAR package
Re: About ATL engine [message #1850577 is a reply to message #1850519] Tue, 08 March 2022 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

There could be many reasons, depending on the context of the software project you're developing. Can you tell me if you're developing an Eclipse plug-in, RCP project, or regular Java project?

Cheers,
Dennis
Re: About ATL engine [message #1850583 is a reply to message #1850577] Wed, 09 March 2022 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am developing an Eclipse plug-in project.
When I run the model transformation independently (JAVA calls the ATL engine), it does not report errors.
But after I insert its contents into the plug-in development project, it will report an error. I am not sure why, because I have already imported the required packages into the project.
Re: About ATL engine [message #1850646 is a reply to message #1850583] Fri, 11 March 2022 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

OK, that clears up what you're doing:

• you're writing an Eclipse plug-in
  • you're importing another Eclipse plug-in (EMFTVM) as a regular Java library instead of directly as a plug-in

As a consequence, EMFTVM detects that Eclipse is running, and assumes its plug-in initialisation code has run (registering the "org.eclipse.m2m.atl.emftvm.modelfactory" extension point, and adding the default model factory to it).

Even though this is probably not the way you want to use EMFTVM, the error message is not helpful. Can you report a bug at https://bugs.eclipse.org/ ?

Cheers,
Dennis
Re: About ATL engine [message #1850648 is a reply to message #1850646] Sat, 12 March 2022 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean. And I really don't know how to solve it. So I really hope you can help me solve this problem
Do you mean I need to report this problem to that website?
Re: About ATL engine [message #1850657 is a reply to message #1850648] Sat, 12 March 2022 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I've created an example Eclipse plug-in project to demonstrate how to use ATL/EMFTVM from within a plug-in:
https://github.com/dwagelaar/atl.examples/tree/main/org.eclipse.m2m.atl.examples.counteobjects

As a counterexample, I've attached a variant of the project that imports ATL/EMFTVM as a jar file instead (which is wrong).

The example projects make available a right-click action on files, which count the number of EObjects in the file (assuming it is an EMF model file).

Cheers,
Dennis

[Updated on: Sat, 12 March 2022 17:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: About ATL engine [message #1850661 is a reply to message #1850657] Sun, 13 March 2022 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
index.php/fa/41752/0/Oh, I have tried to run your program, but I am getting this error. After researching for a long time I didn't find a proper solution.
  • Attachment: error-run.png
    (Size: 51.03KB, Downloaded 212 times)
Re: About ATL engine [message #1850666 is a reply to message #1850661] Sun, 13 March 2022 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yanhong Dong wrote on Sun, 13 March 2022 09:47
Oh, I have tried to run your program, but I am getting this error. After researching for a long time I didn't find a proper solution.

My counteobjects2 plug-in did not work - or rather - did not fail in the way I wanted ;-). It was supposed to reproduce your issue. I've attached a new version that will generate the following error:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2022-03-13 16:16:51.429
!MESSAGE Could not create action delegate for id: org.eclipse.m2m.atl.examples.counteobjects2.objectContribution.action
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.registry 4 1 2022-03-13 16:16:51.429
!MESSAGE Plug-in "org.eclipse.m2m.atl.examples.counteobjects2" was unable to instantiate class "org.eclipse.m2m.atl.examples.counteobjects2.PopupAction".
!STACK 0
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:490)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:204)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:920)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:246)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:63)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin.lambda$0(WorkbenchPlugin.java:287)
	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:74)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin.createExtension(WorkbenchPlugin.java:285)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.createDelegate(PluginAction.java:126)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:214)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:580)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.lambda$4(ActionContributionItem.java:414)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:89)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:5895)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1515)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:5126)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:4581)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1154)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1045)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:155)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:644)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:551)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:156)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:152)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:136)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:401)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:659)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:596)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1467)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1440)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.m2m.atl.emftvm.util.PluginExtensionUtilImpl.createModelFactoryRegistry(PluginExtensionUtilImpl.java:39)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.atl.emftvm.impl.EmftvmFactoryImpl.createModelFactoryRegistry(EmftvmFactoryImpl.java:1591)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.atl.emftvm.impl.EmftvmFactoryImpl.getModelFactoryRegistry(EmftvmFactoryImpl.java:1582)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.atl.emftvm.impl.EmftvmFactoryImpl.createMetamodel(EmftvmFactoryImpl.java:1569)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.atl.emftvm.util.EMFTVMUtil.getEcoreMetamodel(EMFTVMUtil.java:283)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.atl.examples.counteobjects2.CountEObjects.<init>(CountEObjects.java:25)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.atl.examples.counteobjects2.PopupAction.<init>(PopupAction.java:18)
	... 42 more

Cheers,
Dennis
Re: About ATL engine [message #1850667 is a reply to message #1850666] Sun, 13 March 2022 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

As for the errors you're getting: they're errors pertaining to your entire Eclipse configuration + workspace, not just the plug-in you're trying to run. The errors you've shown are not relevant for the plug-ins I've submitted, so you can just continue (the two mentioned plug-ins will just not be available in your Eclipse Application).

Cheers,
Dennis
Re: About ATL engine [message #1850714 is a reply to message #1850667] Tue, 15 March 2022 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My first bug is fixed (can not find plugin), But now I have another problem it tell me, I hope you can help me solve it. In order to better communicate, I have written a Word document
org.eclipse.m2m.atl.emftvm.util.VMException: Error during module loading: Module Composed2Simple not found
at org.eclipse.m2m.atl.emftvm.impl.ExecEnvImpl.loadModule(ExecEnvImpl.java:1270)
at org.eclipse.m2m.atl.emftvm.impl.ExecEnvImpl.loadModule(ExecEnvImpl.java:1222)
at com.nuaa.mst.convert.process.Composed2Simple.launch(Composed2Simple.java:102)
at com.nuaa.mst.convert.process.Composed2Simple.convertSysMl(Composed2Simple.java:180)
at com.nuaa.mst.convert.process.MainModule.ConvertSysMLToAltaRica(MainModule.java:17)
at com.nuaa.mst.actions.ConvertSysMLToAltaRicaAction$1.run(ConvertSysMLToAltaRicaAction.java:94)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: org.eclipse.m2m.atl.emftvm.util.ModuleNotFoundException: Module Composed2Simple not found
at org.eclipse.m2m.atl.emftvm.util.DefaultModuleResolver.resolveModule(DefaultModuleResolver.java:77)
at org.eclipse.m2m.atl.emftvm.impl.ExecEnvImpl.loadModule(ExecEnvImpl.java:1243)
... 6 more
Re: About ATL engine [message #1850748 is a reply to message #1850714] Tue, 15 March 2022 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I've read your problem.docx document, in which you mention an error triggered from the com.nuaa.mst.convert.process.Composed2Simple class. However, the org.eclipse.m2m.atl.examples.rar Eclipse project you attached does not contain a class by that name. It looks to be an entirely different project. The project you've attached has many things wrong with it and will be hard to fix, so I'd rather not.

Instead, I have two questions:

Cheers,
Dennis
Re: About ATL engine [message #1850832 is a reply to message #1850748] Fri, 18 March 2022 01:42 Go to previous message
Thank you very much for your help. My problem has been solved. Thank you for patiently answering all my questions for so long. Your tools are really good,beacuse I think it is useful for me.
Previous Topic:Does eclipse still support the AMMA platform?
Next Topic:Execution Time of ATL transformations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:32:14 GMT 2024