Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Proto-project for UML in EMF(Create a simple ready-to-use project for UML browsing in Eclispe)
Proto-project for UML in EMF [message #1850269] Wed, 23 February 2022 12:11 Go to next message
Edouard R. Batot is currently offline Edouard R. BatotFriend
Hi all,

it's all in the title I guess: I would like to browse through a bunch of modeling files to extract some statistics.
In a nutshell, I have XMI and java files and I would like to parse/load them - but I'd rather avoid building a parser from scratch for the ecore, uml, genmodel, etc. files.

As an example to start with, I have .uml files (xmlns:uml="http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/5.0.0/UML) that I'd like to load in a resourceSet to avoid parsing its XML content with SaX.

I've tryed using Maven to configure dependencies - but I then remembered that Eclipse was not really friend to Maven - maybe with the years it has changed but I could not put a hand on the "right" versions for interedependet jars, as largely discussed here on this forum.

I'd like to build a very basic protoproject that allows to load XMI files into Resource(Set)s for uml, genmodel, ecore, etc. How would you proceed? I precise that the version of UML will not change during the project - let this question on hold for later - and it can be all standalone with concrete JARs if this is the best solution. What do you reckon?

I've heard about Tycho but I must confess I have no idea what it is about. Neither how it works. Is there examples that show the use of Tycho SPECIFICALLY for Eclipse/Model development?

Thanks for your attention, wish you a great day,
Edouard
Re: Proto-project for UML in EMF [message #1850271 is a reply to message #1850269] Wed, 23 February 2022 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

I think that you will find everything that you need as part of the Eclipse (MDT/)UML2 project.

(Please use the UML2 forum for UML questions,.)

Regards

Ed Willink

[Updated on: Wed, 23 February 2022 13:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Proto-project for UML in EMF [message #1850274 is a reply to message #1850271] Wed, 23 February 2022 14:41 Go to previous message
Edouard R. Batot is currently offline Edouard R. BatotFriend
Thanks Ed for the laconic answer I'll dig in on that side.
Previous Topic:Find the path between two classes
Next Topic:Custom icon for project in model explorer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 09:26:27 GMT 2024