Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » The package xxx is accessible from more than one module: <unnamed> (2)
The package xxx is accessible from more than one module: <unnamed> (2) [message #1849662] Fri, 28 January 2022 14:16 Go to next message
Jean-Pascal Laux is currently offline Jean-Pascal LauxFriend
Hi,

I have migrated from Eclipse Neon (Java 8) to Eclipse 2021-12 (Java 11).
When I recompile one of my plugins with Java 11 compliance, I get

The package org.eclipse.core.runtime is accessible from more than one module: org.eclipse.core.contenttype, org.eclipse.core.jobs, org.eclipse.core.runtime, org.eclipse.equinox.common, org.eclipse.equinox.preferences, org.eclipse.equinox.registry

I opened each plugin jar file in the list and each contains a part of org.eclipse.core.runtime package so it is a normal error with Java 11.

The solution to remove this error is tom move compliance to Java 1.8.

It is strange to have this problem with eclipse plugins.
Any idea ?
Re: The package xxx is accessible from more than one module: <unnamed> (2) [message #1849671 is a reply to message #1849662] Fri, 28 January 2022 19:16 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

The evolution of Java to support modules and to change the built-in-ness of traditional modules on a version by version basis has been a major nightmare for Eclipse. Endless problems have arisen with magic all modules declarations needing to be placed in clever places. I don't understand them. Most of the problems have been fixed so I'm slightly surprised that you have a problem, but maybe you have rippled some Java 8 practice over and/or failed to thoroughly clean and redeclare everything as Java 11. Your workaround seem to confirm this. Something is still using Java 8. Perhaps you have a Java 8 target platform. The target platform editor has an uncanny ability to load unwanted platforms and even make them current. perhaps 'one of mty plugins' means that other plugins are fighting against the evolution. There is no halfway house.

Regards

Ed Willink

Previous Topic:Code Completion and Dock 'SQL Templates' from 'Data Management' in Eclipse with DBeaver for Oracle
Next Topic:Bad path to andriod.jar in eclipse.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:45:06 GMT 2024