Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » compile Forte with OPCUA on Raspberry(compile Forte with OPCUA on Raspberry fails)
compile Forte with OPCUA on Raspberry [message #1849038] Thu, 30 December 2021 12:41 Go to next message
Michael Taxis is currently offline Michael TaxisFriend
Hello, I was trying to compile Forte with OPCUA on a Raspberry Pi following the steps for a Linux operating system on https://www.eclipse.org/4diac/en_help.php?helppage=html/communication/opc_ua.html#build

I failed on step 4. with following message(s):

CMake Warning:
No source or binary directory provided. Both will be assumed to be the
same as the current working directory, but note that this warning will
become a fatal error in future CMake releases.

CMake Error: The source directory "/home/pi/4diac/forte/build" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.

Anybody has any help on this?

[Updated on: Sat, 01 January 2022 10:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: compile Forte with OPCUA on Raspberry [message #1849079 is a reply to message #1849038] Sun, 02 January 2022 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

It seems that there is a bug in the description of point 4. There should be a ../.. at the end of the command line. I think this should solve your issue.
Re: compile Forte with OPCUA on Raspberry [message #1849092 is a reply to message #1849079] Mon, 03 January 2022 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I add .. to the last line of the cmake command, then it is working. Last line would be as follows:

-DFORTE_COM_OPC_UA_LIB=libopen62541.so ..

But now I get errors from compiling. Will try to solve myself. When I'm out of luck I will post again. Thank you
Re: compile Forte with OPCUA on Raspberry [message #1849093 is a reply to message #1849092] Mon, 03 January 2022 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kirill Dorofeev is currently offline Kirill DorofeevFriend
you might need to switch open62541 to 'v1.0' instead of using v0.3.0 as it is stated in the docs
Re: compile Forte with OPCUA on Raspberry [message #1849212 is a reply to message #1849093] Sat, 08 January 2022 11:51 Go to previous message
Yes, I switched to 'v1.0' as in the docs.
In order to make things for me a little bit easier I also installed cmake-gui on the RPi and selected the options I needed.
I also tried newer versions of open62541 like 'v1.2.3' or even 'v1.3 rc1' and failed. When doing as stated in the docs with 'v1.0' I was able to compile a forte executable.

I was also able to run the blink example and even made some 'changes' with R_TRIG and counters.
Now I'm fighting to get a communication working. I try to get connection from HMI FUXA
Next is getting IO working. Here I'm wondering how to address. In the docs it is busChannel.deviceNumber.portNumber, but how do I address e.g. the third bit of a DO where the card has an I2C address of 26? I'm missing card address and discrete output number (bit). Maybe somebody can explain this more in detail, also for analog IO and PWM. I will connect my hardware and play a little, maybe I find out by myself.

Thx for the help.
Previous Topic:4Diac IDE - no option for Deployment perspective
Next Topic:Run at Composite Function Block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:18:39 GMT 2024