Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » JavaFX Error(I can't install JavaFX)
JavaFX Error [message #1848796] Fri, 17 December 2021 11:22 Go to next message
Julia Barac is currently offline Julia BaracFriend
Hello!
I have to install JavaFX for my school work. So I followed the instruction on how to do so. But everytime I click on Help -> Install new software and choose JavaFX there pops up an error.
I don't have any knowledge concerning java or eclipse or anything at all and I've asked the professor and other students but they all couldn't help me...
The box at 'Contact all update sites during install to find required software' is also ticked already.
What am i doing wrong? am I missing something?
It looks like I need 'JDT UI Tooling' for this to work but what ist this, where do I get this and how?

I am using Java 17.0.1 and Eclipse 2021-12.

Please help me, I am really lost...

If you answer; I am an absolute noob, so please describe as elaborately as possible and also I am from Germany so please answer in the easiest english as possible! :D

Thank you so much!
Re: JavaFX Error [message #1848815 is a reply to message #1848796] Fri, 17 December 2021 19:18 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Your screen shot strongly suggests that you are not using 2021-12 consistently. Your screen shot shows many 2020 versions, for which I suspect Java 17 is not supported. I suggest you start with a clean 2021-12 installation and then add only 2021-12 contributions. At some point you have probably merged something from an earlier installation. If you really want to debug your broken installation study the configuration to see what vintage contributions have crept in.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:Run configuration
Next Topic:Compile error in Eclipse but not command line
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:49:09 GMT 2024