Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Java Lifting with EMC-JDT(toolchain to create Java Library API adapters)
Java Lifting with EMC-JDT [message #1848563] Wed, 08 December 2021 06:48 Go to next message
Jörn Guy Süß is currently offline Jörn Guy SüßFriend

I would like to wrap an existing Java API as EMF Ecore. I would like to document the model explicitly using Ecore and I am looking at creating a lifting transformation. I am considering using EMC-JDT for this purpose. Is there any obvious reason why this would not work?
Re: Java Lifting with EMC-JDT [message #1848571 is a reply to message #1848563] Wed, 08 December 2021 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Jörn,

The JDT driver was recently moved to the Epsilon repo and will be part of 2.4 when it's released within the next few weeks. Documentation-wise, there's only this page [1] for now, which we plan to turn into an article on Epsilon's website. There are also two examples in the repo (org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.jdt.* under [2]). I'm not sure how easy it would be to run JDT (on which the driver depends) in a headless mode but other than that, I can't think of any reasons not to give the driver a spin.

Best,
Dimitris

[1] https://modeling-languages.com/viewing-java-code-as-a-live-model/
[2] https://git.eclipse.org/c/epsilon/org.eclipse.epsilon.git/tree/examples/
Re: Java Lifting with EMC-JDT [message #1848588 is a reply to message #1848571] Wed, 08 December 2021 20:52 Go to previous message
Jörn Guy Süß is currently offline Jörn Guy SüßFriend

Hi Dimitris,

That is very good news. I have read the code in the lab and for this stage interactive ant-driven will probably be enough. Very happy that it will be in 2.4. WIsh me luck. JDT drives PDE/Build, which is headless and given that Epsilon is generally file-based and avoids call-loading this might actually work headless already.

Best,

JG
Previous Topic:Loading a WSDL file with type information
Next Topic:how to declare index variables in EOL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:59:27 GMT 2024