Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Adding Extension Points to Use Case Diagram?(How to add a use case extension point to a use case diagram?)
Adding Extension Points to Use Case Diagram? [message #1848156] Mon, 22 November 2021 19:01 Go to next message
Rod Naugler is currently offline Rod NauglerFriend
I am working through "A Practical Guide to SysML: The Systems Modeling Language" by Sanford Friedenthal et. al. Using Papyrus. I am currently in Chapter 4 where they show a use case diagram with an Extension Point for one of the use cases. I cannot add the Extension Point to the Use Case diagram. It exists in the model explorer but I cannot seem to add it to the diagram. Is this possible in Papyrus?

Thanks!
Rod
Re: Adding Extension Points to Use Case Diagram? [message #1848173 is a reply to message #1848156] Tue, 23 November 2021 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Wiman is currently offline Thomas WimanFriend

Hi Rod!

You can either manually choose to show "points" compartments for one or more usecases (Filters-> Show / Hide Compartments) in the context menu for a usecase in a diagram, and then via Filters-> Show / Hide Contents in the context menu choose to show all or individual extension points for the selected usecase.

Or you can apply the attached css file to either an individual usecase diagram or the entire model. See https://wiki.eclipse.org/MDT/Papyrus/UserGuide/CSS#Using_StyleSheets
The CSS file makes the "points" compartment visible together with all content in the usecases.
  • Attachment: sysml.css
    (Size: 0.10KB, Downloaded 103 times)

Thomas Wiman
MetaModelAgent Product Manager
Re: Adding Extension Points to Use Case Diagram? [message #1848348 is a reply to message #1848173] Mon, 29 November 2021 12:51 Go to previous message
Rod Naugler is currently offline Rod NauglerFriend
Thanks for this. I didn't know to find that there. Now I've been able to correct a bunch of visual things on all my diagrams!

Cheers!

Rod
Previous Topic:"Show\Hide related link" dependency to containment of link
Next Topic:Creating Complex Sequence Diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 15:00:35 GMT 2024