Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Gradle Build Folder not Ignored
Gradle Build Folder not Ignored [message #1847967] Mon, 15 November 2021 14:50 Go to next message
Alfredo Aldundi is currently offline Alfredo AldundiFriend
We are building our language with gradle. It generates into the "build" folder. In Eclipse, the Xtext plug-ins generate into bin/main. Now, by accident we have observed, that Xtext is also building the files from the "build" folder, which it should not, because they are derived resources (correctly marked as such on the build folder).

When debugging, I do see the IgnoreBuildDirContribution is missing the buildDirs (empty list). After a "Refresh Gradle Project" the build dirs are there (and the build folder is properly ignored). This works, until the next restart of Eclipse.

I am not familiar with that part of Xtext / Gradle at all in Eclipse. From my naive point of view it just looks like that the IgnoreBuildDirContribution is not storing the build dirs persistently, which it should!?

Has anybody experienced this as well? Is there a workaround?
Re: Gradle Build Folder not Ignored [message #1847968 is a reply to message #1847967] Mon, 15 November 2021 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
i fear nobody with knowledge will listen here.
can you create a github issue and mention @oehme

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Gradle Build Folder not Ignored [message #1847971 is a reply to message #1847968] Mon, 15 November 2021 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Not sure about gradle, but it is a major problem with m2e / tycho and its target folder, which isn't even marked derived. Tools have to be customized redundantly and inconsistently.

Regards

Ed Willink

Re: Gradle Build Folder not Ignored [message #1847991 is a reply to message #1847971] Tue, 16 November 2021 13:50 Go to previous message
Alfredo Aldundi is currently offline Alfredo AldundiFriend
https://github.com/eclipse/xtext-eclipse/issues/1760
Previous Topic:Simple SuperType Problem in Grammar - Cannot find compatible feature
Next Topic:Xtext builder stops eclipse build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:44:15 GMT 2024