Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » HELP: Eclipse Forte Build in keil(Does Eclipse Forte Build in keil uVision5?)
HELP: Eclipse Forte Build in keil [message #1847618] Tue, 02 November 2021 12:51 Go to next message
chen peng is currently offline chen pengFriend
I'm building Eclipse Forte Code in keil uVision5 now, but compiler point out "MicroLIB does not support C++"
I'm worried about whether this information must be solved,
Have any friends successfully met and solved this problem
Re: HELP: Eclipse Forte Build in keil [message #1847632 is a reply to message #1847618] Tue, 02 November 2021 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

I see here to issues. First of all you are not using CMake for setting up the FORTE build. this results in the endianess detection issue.
Second you need a toolchain that supports C++. 4diac FORTE is written in C++ and requires toolchains that support C++ compilation.
Re: HELP: Eclipse Forte Build in keil [message #1847651 is a reply to message #1847632] Wed, 03 November 2021 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But we still want to use keil uVision5 to build Eclipse Forte as a static lib, Better in MicroLib format, so we can embed Eclipse Forte in our system
Are there any materials or tutorials in this regard?if yes, please share, thanks。
Re: HELP: Eclipse Forte Build in keil [message #1847655 is a reply to message #1847651] Wed, 03 November 2021 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

You can still use the toolchain that comes with keil µVision5. However in my experience over the last years we had the best results when we built 4diac FORTE with our CMake based build system and configured it accordingly. You can use the Toolchain coming with your keil system. You can build a llib with our build system. Please have a look on our build FORTE for the different target systems documentation.
Re: HELP: Eclipse Forte Build in keil [message #1847700 is a reply to message #1847655] Thu, 04 November 2021 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does Eplicse support build on MicroLib now?
Our own system code is build with MicroLib , so we also want to build Eplicse on MircoLib. If not, we're not sure if there's a compatibility issue

Besides,we can see Eplicse already support on Windows/Linux/FreeRtos, does Eplicse also support LiteOs now? If yes, please share how to build Eplicse with LiteOs System
Re: HELP: Eclipse Forte Build in keil [message #1847701 is a reply to message #1847700] Thu, 04 November 2021 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I have no idea about Eclipse and MciroLib. But 4diac FORTE is not demanding to be built with eclipse. The only demand we have is to use CMake. CMake is extremely powerful in respect to cross compilation and using different toolchains. Therefore I think this will definitely work. I guess you need to check on how to use cmake for the keil toolchain.
Re: HELP: Eclipse Forte Build in keil [message #1847704 is a reply to message #1847701] Thu, 04 November 2021 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK,we will check how to use cmake for the keil toolchain.
Besides,we can see Eplicse already support on Windows/Linux/FreeRtos, does Eplicse also support LiteOs now? If yes, please share how to build Eplicse with LiteOs System
Thanks
Re: HELP: Eclipse Forte Build in keil [message #1847717 is a reply to message #1847704] Thu, 04 November 2021 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

do you mean 4diac FORTE? 4diac FORTE currently does not support LiteOs. However what I see this shouldn't be a lot of work.
Re: HELP: Eclipse Forte Build in keil [message #1847747 is a reply to message #1847717] Fri, 05 November 2021 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, 4diac FORTE
So shall 4diac FORTE support LiteOs system? Its function will be very meaningful to our project.
However, limited by ability, my team feels very difficult to embed 4diac FORTE into LITEOS system。
Would your team please help to support 4diac FORTE on LiteOs system? And share documentation on website just like others system?
We will be much grateful, thanks...
Re: HELP: Eclipse Forte Build in keil [message #1847756 is a reply to message #1847747] Fri, 05 November 2021 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I had a quick look on the wikipedia page of LiteOs there it is stated that LiteOs is posix compliant. With some luck our linux/posix port could work for you.

The other systems where mostly developed based on some projects or system different 4diac users had and wanted to use. Currently we don't have access to LiteOs and speak for my current team we currently also don't have resources. But maybe someone in this forum is interested and capable of doing it. It would definitely be a great extension to the 4diac ecosystem.
Re: HELP: Eclipse Forte Build in keil [message #1847807 is a reply to message #1847756] Tue, 09 November 2021 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could you please build 4 DIAC FORTE with keil uVision5 software on your local machine?
For many MCU device such as STM32, we are in the habit of using keil software to compile projects.
If 4 DIAC FORTE can also build on keil, it will be great.

Attached picture is the problem what we are seeing, it is hard to go through with keil but we still want to achieve

[Updated on: Tue, 09 November 2021 02:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: HELP: Eclipse Forte Build in keil [message #1847814 is a reply to message #1847807] Tue, 09 November 2021 07:31 Go to previous message

My main machine is a Linux machine therefore I have a hard time trying uVision. However I googled a bit. Here I found an explanation what oyu need to do to setup a CMake toolchain file for Keil: https://community.arm.com/support-forums/f/keil-forum/44208/using-arm-toolchain-in-cmake/160363#160363

With that it should be possible to compile 4diac FORTE into a lib that you can then link to your Keil application.

I hope this helps.

BTW I mostly use plain arm toolchains and vscode or eclipse for stm32
Previous Topic:Simulator 4DIAC
Next Topic:4DIAC Forte Build with FreeRtos
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:08:15 GMT 2024