Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Proposals » Eclipse Sumo » SUMO - RandomTrips.py problem(I am trying to find a way to produce random trips over a big scale imported network.)
SUMO - RandomTrips.py problem [message #1847543] Sun, 31 October 2021 21:25
THEODOROS TRANOS is currently offline THEODOROS TRANOSFriend
Hello everybody!

I'm trying to find a convenient way for making random trips from big networks (200-1000 roads for example with complex junctions).

I'm using randomTrips.py from sumo/tools with a really high fringe factor.

The problem is that a lot of vehicles spawn inside random junctions instead of spawning just on starting lanes (let's say starting lanes are the incoming lanes that got cropped when network was cropped from OSM Wizard and final lanes are the outgoing lanes respectively.

The command I'm using is the following:

python3 /home/sumo/tools/randomTrips.py -n osm.net.xml -b 0 -e 1800 -p 4 --trip-attributes="departLane=\"best\" departSpeed=\"10.0\" departPos=\"base\"" --route-file trips.xml --fringe-factor 20000

below I present a relatively small network for someone to understand the minimum scale intuitively.

index.php/fa/41212/0/

and an example of starting and final lanes that I want my random trip generator to have as a start and end for my trips.xml.

index.php/fa/41213/0/

Anyone knows any good way of doing that without having to explicitly define weights? The reason behind that is that I will have to work on really big asymmetric scenarios where I will not be able to do hand labor on such things... I need a relatively automated way of doing so.

Any help will be appreciated!

Previous Topic:VehiDs passing through a path
Next Topic:SUMO - RandomTrips.py problem.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:54:43 GMT 2024