Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » UCS4SysML?(A Google search finds documentation for this profile but no downloads can be found.)
UCS4SysML? [message #1847272] Thu, 21 October 2021 14:55 Go to next message
Rod Naugler is currently offline Rod NauglerFriend
Greetings,
I was looking for a way to input UseCase Scenarios into a Papyrus model and a Google search links to an implementation document (PDF) for the subject profile. However, I cannot locate the profile anywhere in the marketplace or on the internet. Does anyone know where this profile went or is it directly in Papyrus now?

Thanks!
Re: UCS4SysML? [message #1847279 is a reply to message #1847272] Thu, 21 October 2021 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
Hi Rod,
I doubt the Papyrus team is accountable for what Google does.
Papyrus supports use cases out of the box.
/Carsten
Re: UCS4SysML? [message #1847281 is a reply to message #1847279] Thu, 21 October 2021 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod Naugler is currently offline Rod NauglerFriend
Yes, it supports use cases, but not use case specifications, unless I'm missing something. Use case specifications are not defined in UML but are often used by programmers to better define a usecase. They are often tables or text documents that contain standardized fields. Maybe they are wrapped up in requirements. I'm still learning Papyrus and SysML.
Here is the documentation I found. http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/cs/techreps/docs/files/HW-MACS-TR-0113.pdf

I really appreciate all your responses Carston. I apologize if I seem needy. :)

Rod
Re: UCS4SysML? [message #1847282 is a reply to message #1847281] Thu, 21 October 2021 16:46 Go to previous message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
Seems to be just one of (too) many university publications. I see no evidence that this profile is in a commonly usable state or even has been published.

This is by no way an official OMG profile.

So work-arounds are:
* redo the profile redrawing the diagrams presented in the paper
* link an external UCS document to each use case
* do the UCS as owned comment of each use case
* you already named it, apply requirements and/or contraints to each use case

/Carsten
Previous Topic:Architecture viewpoint definitions that refer to Class Diagram does not work in 2021-09
Next Topic:Question about Activity Diagram Element attachment points
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:33:37 GMT 2024