Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Papyrus Software Designer 5.2 Documentation gone?
Papyrus Software Designer 5.2 Documentation gone? [message #1844819] Mon, 27 September 2021 07:47 Go to next message
Martin Friedrich is currently offline Martin FriedrichFriend
Hi folks,

I noticed that the documentation for Papyrus Software Designer - esp. the part on writing code generators - seems to be missing from the 5.2.0 release (from the RCP release, at least). Has this been moved to another location or has been repackaged somewhere? I cannot find it under "Papyrus Guide/Developer Guide/Papyrus Software Designer" anymore.

Thanks,

Martin Friedrich
Re: Papyrus Software Designer 5.2 Documentation gone? [message #1844858 is a reply to message #1844819] Tue, 28 September 2021 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
Dear Martin,

are you sure that you installed a SW Designer RCP? Papyrus SW designer RCPs are only available for 2021-03 (5.1.0) and I verified with a freshly downloaded RCP that the documentation is available in Papyrus Guide->Developer Guide->Papyrus SW Designer. So, how did you install Papyrus SW Designer? Did you take a Papyrus RCP for 2021-06 and added SW designer via the update-site afterwards?
Re: Papyrus Software Designer 5.2 Documentation gone? [message #1844882 is a reply to message #1844858] Tue, 28 September 2021 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Friedrich is currently offline Martin FriedrichFriend
Hello Ansgar,

of course, you're right. This has been totally my fault. Apparently I was that hot for the next Designer release, my wishes took the better part of me and let me misread the topic of Patrik Tessier posting on the Papyrus 5.2 release.

Sorry for all confusion I have caused. Please punish me severely.

Martin Friedrich
Re: Papyrus Software Designer 5.2 Documentation gone? [message #1844939 is a reply to message #1844882] Thu, 30 September 2021 07:59 Go to previous message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
No problem. Good to know that someone is eagerly waiting for the next Designer release :-)
You can actually install Designer (either the nightly or 2.0.0 release) within Papyrus 5.2 via the update-site.
Previous Topic:UML model to SysML model
Next Topic:Read Eclipse uml file in a standalone app
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:32:58 GMT 2024