Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Quick hierarchy (ctrl-T) only opens interfaces hierarchy( Ctrl-T on method opens interfaces hierarchy without implementing classes)
Quick hierarchy (ctrl-T) only opens interfaces hierarchy [message #1844672] Tue, 21 September 2021 08:03 Go to next message
Diana S is currently offline Diana SFriend
Hi,

I've upgraded to latest eclipse, and I noticed that if I press Ctrl-T on a method that belongs to an interface, the hierarchy pop-up no longer displays the classes implementing that method, only the interface where it is defined.

Did I inadvertently made this happen, is there a type filter that somehow became activated?

How can I go back to seeing the full hierarchy of a method with Ctrl-T? Without it, my development time has doubled if not tripled, it's incredibly annoying.

Thank you!
Re: Quick hierarchy (ctrl-T) only opens interfaces hierarchy [message #1844687 is a reply to message #1844672] Tue, 21 September 2021 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

I don't think this is a new phenomenon. I have often found that type hierarchies and search results are obstinately deficient. If you have a repro, maybe they can be fixed. I have discovered that some of my problems are due to my use of @NonNull that isn't 100% supported by secondary tooling. A recent fix no longer regards methods from distinct Java versions as distinct.

Workaround: use file search for more predictable but bloated results.

Regards

Ed Willink

[Updated on: Tue, 21 September 2021 17:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Quick hierarchy (ctrl-T) only opens interfaces hierarchy [message #1847437 is a reply to message #1844687] Wed, 27 October 2021 06:59 Go to previous message
Duch Bechlegor is currently offline Duch BechlegorFriend
I think it is a new bug. In previous versions I didn't have such problems.

Regards
Previous Topic: java programming language
Next Topic:When are you planning to apply for mac M1 eclipse IDE?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:26:05 GMT 2024