Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Toolchain file for CMAKE(Build failed: No Toolchain found for Target Local)
Toolchain file for CMAKE [message #1844595] Fri, 17 September 2021 08:38 Go to next message
Promodkumar CM is currently offline Promodkumar CMFriend
Created a new CMake project from eclipse UI and when I tried to build the project it's showing "No Toolchain found for Target Local" Is there any default toolchain available to build the CMake project.
Re: Toolchain file for CMAKE [message #1844601 is a reply to message #1844595] Fri, 17 September 2021 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
That's really a CMake thing
https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/variable/CMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE.html
suggest you read the CMake documentation to know how to create one.

I don't use CMake so I'm not sure but I think the global setting you are pointing toward
becomes the default and you can alter it with the cmake-gui (and other ways).
Difference between "Debug" and "Release " ? [message #1844611 is a reply to message #1844595] Fri, 17 September 2021 14:39 Go to previous message
Anne Ranch is currently offline Anne RanchFriend
1. What is the basic difference between "Debug" and "Release" ?
I can "configure" for "Debug" or "Release" and select one or the other or "Automatic" .
2. I can "configure " TCF to "run Debug " or "run Release " so which is used - plain "configure" or TCF configuration ?
And what - if any - differences when using TCF ?
3. It looks as sometime I get "suggestions" to use preference .- dependent on which configuration is selected - but not always .
Previous Topic:Create new command which does not exist in Preferences Keys
Next Topic:2021-09 - no path to "make"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:55:00 GMT 2024