Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Communication Framework » Wiki TCF verion 1.7 update ?(Is there an updated wiki how to implement TCF in Raspberry Pi ?)
Wiki TCF verion 1.7 update ? [message #1844398] Mon, 13 September 2021 01:28 Go to next message
Anne Ranch is currently offline Anne RanchFriend
I am struggling with implementation of TCF Agent , my "remote " is Raspberry Pi.
I have managed to "git" the latest TCF , however it is missing few things - agent , machine....
I have followed the original https://wiki.eclipse.org/TCF/Raspberry_Pi and it is VERY old and outdated.

In past this Eclipse forum has not been helpful - mostly referring to "3rd party" not maintained by Eclipse foundation....
Also direct access to TCF was never been usefull - "developers" do not want to correspond with users...

So this post is about
1. where do I find why new "git" is missing agent and machine?

2. Is there a updated "how to" wiki about implementing TCF on remote system, such as Raspberry Pi?

PLEASE no "this is 3rd party " - it has "TCF Eclipse foundation" written in many places.
I need real help with implementing TCF on RPi , not superficial references to "3rd party ...."
Do not waste your time.

Cheers

EDIT
This is the old and no longer there....

qy@qy-desktop:~$ git clone http://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/tcf/org.eclipse.tcf.agent.git
Cloning into 'org.eclipse.tcf.agent'...
fatal: repository 'http://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/tcf/org.eclipse.tcf.agent.git/' not found
qy@qy-desktop:~$

Any suggestion how to find the new "agent" ?

[Updated on: Mon, 13 September 2021 15:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Wiki TCF verion 1.7 update ? [message #1844427 is a reply to message #1844398] Mon, 13 September 2021 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugene Tarassov is currently offline Eugene TarassovFriend
I have updated TCF/Raspberry Pi Wiki.
Regards,
Eugene
Re: Wiki TCF verion 1.7 update ? [message #1844435 is a reply to message #1844427] Tue, 14 September 2021 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, I did find the "new" git "agent" but forgot to add it here.

Eugene - can I ask for another favors ?

I have been using the old TCF about two years ago and forgot how to actually configure Eclipse.
I know I can use "default file" , but forgot what goes to "application"....

I can finally cross-compile but do not have copy of the executable on my RPi, maybe because of the above is missing.

Basically - how do I check if the agent is actually running on the RPi?

I would eventually like to use another IDE with TCF, but I need to get it going with Eclipse first.

Thanks for your help, appreciate that very much.

PS Are you Russian?
Re: Wiki TCF verion 1.7 update ? [message #1844444 is a reply to message #1844427] Tue, 14 September 2021 08:21 Go to previous message
Eugene Tarassov wrote on Mon, 13 September 2021 19:39
I have updated TCF/Raspberry Pi Wiki.
Regards,
Eugene

I did check the "tcf-dev project" but found no easy way to "sign-up" to help with some stuff - I am primarily interested in adding real help with setting up the real connection to RPi.

But I noticed there is specific option for "arm" (in 2021-09) as crosscompile, maybe there is also real help to set all the options....I'll will check that...

Let me add this - when I switched from "toy educational computer" everybody raves about when they manage to "blink LED" to RPi I was told in many ways that "it is too small to do code development ..." then I discovered TCF ....
To make long story even more boring - why does not TCF advertise and SUPPORT with real tutorial how WONDERFUL cross-compiling works with "small RAM of RPi " - but it must work and not to be "try this and watch for smoke..." approach taken so far by "foundation".
Cheers
Previous Topic:TCF in 2010-12 , not in 2021-06
Next Topic:Success ... but more questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:49:05 GMT 2024