Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Property View in Sirius (Property tab displays 'no property available' after specifying all the instructions needed to display the properties)
Property View in Sirius [message #1843754] Mon, 16 August 2021 20:33 Go to next message
Mercy Asamoah is currently offline Mercy AsamoahFriend
Hello,
Please I need some help with the property view in Sirius.

I followed a couple tutorials and read the documentation for specifying the property view in Sirius but it keeps displaying 'no property available' and I do not know what exactly I am doing wrong.

Also when I close the property tab and reopen it I get an error.

I have attached screenshots to explain more the issue I am facing.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Mercy.
Re: Property View in Sirius [message #1843787 is a reply to message #1843754] Wed, 18 August 2021 13:06 Go to previous message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
Hi.

It's difficult to tell with just the screenshots. It might two separate issues.

Can you provide the actual error message logged in the Error Log view as indicated on the error dialog? ("Window > Show View > Other..." and then select "Error Log").

I just tested a very basic use case configured as in your screenshot, with nothing changed to the PropertiesView/Category/Page/Group defaults (I just added a Text widget configured as yours), and I can not reproduce the problem. When selecting an element with a "name" feature, I get the proper widget. When selecting an element with no "name" feature, the "feature:name" expression fails and I get an evaluation error, but it does not present like the one you see.

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Very Weird Casting Exception - I've Never Seen Anything Like This with EMF
Next Topic:[Sirius Web] Model Explorer customization
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:08:20 GMT 2024