Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Enable Graphical EMF Compare of Model
Enable Graphical EMF Compare of Model [message #1843330] Fri, 23 July 2021 15:18 Go to next message
Brandon Lewis is currently offline Brandon LewisFriend
I can't seem to figure out where to start here. Both Sirius and EMF Compare share examples of graphical diffs in their documentation and the examples sure do look like Sirius editors - even down to the Family model used in the tutorials.

EMF Compare gives good examples of how to setup a compare either in standalone or in the IDE, but it always involves calling the compare on your own somehow.

Is there a deceptively easy way that this is enabled for any given Ecore model?

I have a bunch of diagrams, but I can't figure out step 1 for telling Sirius:
1) how to graphically compare my diagrams
2) how to invoke such a comparison - i.e. what element would I Right Click -> Team -> Compare on to invoke these graphical diffs I see on the advertised websites?

Is there some extension point I have to use?

[Updated on: Fri, 23 July 2021 15:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Enable Graphical EMF Compare of Model [message #1843371 is a reply to message #1843330] Mon, 26 July 2021 16:18 Go to previous message
Glenn Plouhinec is currently offline Glenn PlouhinecFriend
Hi Brandon,

In order to use the diagram comparison with EMF Compare, the EMF Compare Sirius integration must be installed from the update site. It may be necessary to add the extension of a model in the preferences pages (General > Content Types, then select EMF Compare and add your extension to the "File associations" section). Add the extensions '*.ecore' and '*.aird'.
To compare two models, you can select your two files '*.aird' or '*.ecore' and right click > Compare With > ..., or select a single file and compare with another version of the file (local history, commit, ...).

Regards,

Glenn

Glenn Plouhinec - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Problem after installing Acceleo
Next Topic:Sirius Web feature parity
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:16:00 GMT 2024